It's In My Jacket (Poofless)

People involved: Rob, two random people, Preston
Ships: Poofless
Word count: 978 (sorry it's a little short)
Idea: Rob takes Preston on a long, romantic evening. Having been dating for the past four years, Rob thinks it's finally time to pop the question. But, it doesn't go as smoothly as he wanted it to because he has a forgetful tendency.
Extra notes: Here ya go people! I'm counting this as the Poofless fluff requested by DaEevee . S/O for that spam btw, I enjoyed it. This was now a while ago and I look weird. Oh well! I figured I hadn't posted a one shot in a while and I promised this one soon so. Yeah! I hope you enjoy the story! Until next time, Peace my Cheeses! I love you all <3

This was it. The pair had been dating for four, beautiful years. There was no better time than tonight. Rob had planned a long, romantic evening for him and his boyfriend to share. And then they'd end tonight in the park where they'd first kissed. Rob had decided that there, under the clear sky, he'd pop the question. It would be perfect and beautiful, just like his boyfriend.
Rob checked the clock beside him, noticing he had twenty minutes before he needed to arrive at his brunet boyfriend's house. He quickly went through his checklist of what he needed. Wallet, phone, ring. All in his jacket pockets. He smiled, grabbing his car keys from their hook. Locking the door behind him, Rob got into his car and started off to pick up his lover.
Their first stop was dinner. It wasn't a filthy expensive restaurant, just a quaint little diner. It fit the couple perfectly, and it had a sort of homy sense you couldn't get somewhere fancy. The two talked throughout the meal, smiles on both their faces. They were such a lovely couple. Their waitress had even said so herself. "You know, you two make the loveliest couple. I'm quite jealous, I've been lonely for quite some time now. But you two seem so happy together, I wish you both the best of luck." Her accent gave way that she was from the southern United States, maybe even Texan like Rob's lover. Rob smiled widely as the boy across from his gained a rosy hue to his cheeks. They were perfect together, and they couldn't be happier.
After they are through their meal, Rob took his beloved to his favorite flower shop. Rob had already ordered what he wanted, and the cashier was glad to hand over the collection of flowers to the man. "Just as you ordered, Mr. Latsky. The strongest stems I could find." This boy spoke in a professional tone, sounding as if he was from around New England. Rob smiled and nodded, scooping up the basket. The brunet clung to his arm tried to peak, but Rob waved away his curious gaze. A surprise, he explained. The boy beside him whined, but looked no more. Rob was quite glad to have the boy next to him, and found himself staring at him.
"What Robby?"
"Oh nothing doll, just admiring my view."
Rob lead his boyfriend of hopefully-not-much-longer out of the shop, telling him that their next destination wasn't that far away. They'd walk there. The younger nodded, walking along beside the one he loved. The brunet let his soft eyes stare lovingly at Rob, causing the older to smirk. Rob guided his lover to the park, and the other gasps.
"Our park."
"Our park."
Rob brought the shorter up to the same hill where they'd first kissed and had him sit down. His beloved looked around in wonder, allowing Rob the time to unveil the flowers. He began to twine the thick stems together, the brunet looking down at the movement. He giggled excitedly, and began another. Once both had weaved their own flower crowns, they placed them upon the other's head. They met their lips together in a kiss, and the younger shivered. Rob smirked lightly, noticing the shorter had forgotten a jacket. He pulled off his jacket and placed it around his boyfriend, watching the other snuggle into the fabric. He stood up.
"Now Preston, this wasn't all just because I'm nice."
"It wasn't?"
"No, I had an alternative motive to tonight. I hope you don't get too upset."
"Why? Are you breaking up with me? Because I swear Robert if you are-"
"No, the opposite."
Rob pulled Preston up to his feet. He wrapped the younger's hands into his own, bringing their bodies close.
"Rob?"
"Preston. We've been dating for four, amazing years now. This has been the happiest I've been in a long time, and I can only assume the same goes for you. I love you, so dearly Preston. Yes, we've fought. And yes, there's been rough patches. But we always end right back up in each other's arms. And I want that to become a permanent thing."
Tears gathered in Preston's eyes and when Rob released his hands they shot up to his mouth. Rob kneeled down onto the grass, and reached for the ring.
The ring.
He couldn't find it, couldn't even find the pocket it was meant to be in. He swore he put it into his jacket p-
Rob looked down, and Preston gathered himself together.
"What's wrong?"
Rob's response was too muffled to understand.
"What?"
"It's in my jacket pocket."
Preston's mind took a moment to realize what Rob had said, and then he began to laugh.
"Oh, Robby! This is- oh jeez. This is why I love you. I can't- I can't believe you- oh gosh."
"Can I please have the ring from my right pocket so I can continue?"
"Oh yeah. Of- oh I can't breathe- of course."
Preston dug out the ring and handed it over to Rob. Rob looked up at Preston and opened the box.
"Preston Blaine Arsement, would you do me the honors of marrying me?"
Rob's question wasn't answered immediately, Preston still laughing too much. Rob began to get worried, had he messed up too much?
"Preston?"
"Oh, yeah sorry. Woo, okay. Of course I'll marry you Robert. What other idiot would do this? None, and that's how I know you're a keeper."
Rob let out a breath of relief and slid the ring onto Preston's finger. He wiped the tears off his cheeks and captured his fiancé in a kiss.
"I'm so damn lucky I have you."
"Ditto. It would only be better if we caught it on video. The fans would love this."
"Shut up and let me kiss you."