Cop Car (Poofless)

So, I heard this on the radio and imagined Poofless doing this. So here's bunnyslipperz request for Poofless! Enjoy! Lyrics are in bold, as per usual.

Preston had been begging Rob to take him out one night so they could watch the airplanes take off. Rob had been trying to, but Preston's dad wasn't 100 percent okay with Preston being alone with Rob. After hours of begging and promising that nothing bad would happen, Preston's father agreed. So, Rob picked Preston up in his truck and the two set out to the airport.

We drove right past That no trespassing sign. We sat on the tailgate And watched the planes take off. We thought we had all night, There was no need to rush. That's when those cops, Came pulling up. And I thought Man, ain't this some shhhh.

They ignored the no trespassing sign, driving into a secluded part of the runway and sat on Rob's tailgate. Preston curled up against Rob, resting against his shoulder. Rob smiled before looking back over to the airplanes taking off. They were there for a few hours before they heard the sound of police sirens getting louder. Preston looked in front of the truck and his eyes widened. "Rob, the cops."
"Sh*t."

Your daddy's gonna kill me, But if I survive tonight I wouldn't change one thing. Baby, yeah, I know it sounds crazy.

"Preston, your father is going to kill me. I hope you know you were always an amazing friend." Rob said as the cops walked over towards them. Preston giggled before looking at the cops nervously.
"Do you two know you're trespassing on private property?"

But there was somethin bout the way The blue lights were shinin, Bringing out the freedom in your eyes. I was too busy watching you Going wild child To be worried about going to jail. You were thinking that Running for it Would make a good story.
I was thinking you were crazy as h*ll. And you were so Innocent, But you were stealing my heart.
I fell in love in the back of a cop car.

"Yes sir." Preston replied since Rob was nervous. Rob glanced at him as a thanks, and got caught up in how the blue lights from the police car sparkled against Preston's eyes. It brought out the small layer of freedom and rebellion Preston usually had to hide. His father was chief of police after all. Rob smirked as Preston made some snarky comment to the cop who had recognized him. He was too distracted to pay attention to what exactly they were saying. The cop walked back over to the car and Preston tugged on his sleeve.
"We should make a run for it." Preston said, amusement in his eyes.
"What? No!" Rob whispered harshly.
"It'd make a better story." Preston whispered back as the cop returned. He signaled Preston and Rob over to him and Rob obliged, having to drag Preston down because he was "too lazy". Rob was sure his best friend had gone crazy by this point. It was a side of Preston he'd never seen, and it was actually quite adorable. His quirky insults and retorts, the red and blue lights flashing in his brown eyes. He looked at his friend one last time before realizing he was falling in love.

Man, they weren't playin, They sure threw those cuffs on quick. You tried to sweet talk 'em, They didn't fall for it. But I did. You were on the left, I was on the right. I knew you didn't smoke When you asked him for a light. And I laughed. He got mad and slammed the door.

The cop threw the cuffs on quickly, doing Preston's first. Rob was seen as less of a threat to them at the moment.
"Come on, there's no need for cuffs. We're just two kids watching the planes take off. What harm's been done?" Preston said sweetly, obviously trying to keep this from his dad. He began to sweet talk, complimenting his police abilities or his ability to find them. None of it worked, but it sure as h*ll worked on Rob. He was staring at his friend dumbfounded. This was his best friend, the one who never cursed and only ever cared about video games. And yet, here he was, trying to sweet talk them out of arrest. Preston was put in first, Rob going in after him. They had opened the right door up so Preston would be behind the driver. "Can I at least have a smoke?" Preston asked. Rob knew he'd never touched a cigarette before and so began laughing as the cop slammed the door shut.
"A smoke? Really?"