Faded Pictures (Immortalfox kinda?)

Hey! I'm still alive. Woo! So this weekend hopefully I'll be able to get other stuff  written and posted because my family's already finished all the work we needed to do and I have no hw ^u^ it's a blessing from above. (Update: it didn't happen. I'm not that lucky to not have to work :/) Now, this song. This song is freaking amazing. It's by a fellow wattpad author, the extremely talented hghrules and with her permission I'm using it so yeah. Thanks again!!! Now on to the story!

You can barely make out Two young faces Trapped within the frame.

A sloppily homemade frame collected dust on his desk. He grabbed the frame and softly wiped the dust from the surface of the photo. It was fading with age, the two faces in the picture no longer recognizable, but he could never forget.

And the date Is smeared beyond comprehension But it still manages to make me tear up again.

He carefully removed the photo from its delicate frame and turned it over. The scrawled numbers on the back had become smeared beyond what any human could read. But he still remembered it. He shakily, angrily wiped away the tears that tried to escape.

Faded pictures bring back the sharpest pain, The dullest colors seem too bright, Faded pictures feel so wrong, When they remind you of something that used to feel so right. Faded Pictures.

He felt pain flutter through his body as he remembered the day. He felt as if he was being choked by the memory. The dulled colors become there once vibrant gleams that contrasted him so. The loud noises that had filled their surrounding now filled the boy's empty room and his thoughts became the same as that day. How all he wanted more than anything in the world was a forever with the other. The thoughts seemed disgusting now, seeing as it had all been ripped away.

Edges torn, Ragged with time, Yellowing as it passes from age to age.

He held the image with care, however. The edges had slight tears from when he had first had a tantrum. He hated calling them tantrums, but that's what they were. He held the battered picture with care as he stared at the scene he once thought could have been forever. Oh how wrong he'd been.

Old memories Held by paper and ink, Oh, and they're here to stay.

The slight flashback from the day of the photo led him through the days after that before their end. His mind landed back on their last day. They hadn't deserved this. Anger flushed through his mind.

Faded pictures bring back the sharpest pain, The dullest colors seem too bright, Faded pictures feel so wrong, When they remind you of something that used to feel so right. Faded Pictures.

He roughly threw the photo back towards the frame which was lying on his desk. In his angry rage he threw off his headphones and nearly tipped his chair. How had this been fair?! What had he done to deserve this?! Why was life so cruel to the boy?! Everyone he loves just ups and leaves. He didn't want to see the photo anymore.

And it hurts 'Cause we thought we were eternal, Funny how we thought we had a choice.

They were both sure they had a chance to make this last. They had never felt the same connection with someone before, they had never trusted another like they trusted each other. Everyone who knew of their relationship always thought they were the ultimate couple, a dream relationship. And they were: too bad dreams never last.

And I'd lie awake, Wondering if you'd return, oh The universe ignored my begging voice.

He collapsed on his bed, prepared for another sleepless night of memories he didn't want. He wanted him back, back in his bed, back in his life, back in his arms, back in his heart. But fate ignored the poor boy's pleads. No one had ever cared for the boy's opinion before anyway. He didn't expect that to change now.

Faded pictures bring back the sharpest pain, The dullest colors seem too bright, Faded pictures feel so wrong, When they remind you of something that used to feel so right. Faded Pictures...

His memories were yet to turn dull like all the pictures had, like all the jokes had. He missed the constant jokes about the two's relationship. He missed holding the boy in his arms when he was sad and hiding in the other's shoulder when the going got tough.

...bring back the sharpest pain, The dullest colors seem too bright, Faded pictures feel so wrong, When they remind you of something that used to feel so right.

He could still remember vividly their last moments. He had given him the photo, giggling as he always did when he was happy. He had made a joke about the gift bring crappy, and the boy told him it was amazing. He could still here the sounds of the crowded airport, the warm of the other's body, the pain that he was trying so hard to hide. He had never been in enough pain to cry, but that day was surely his breaking point. The reality of what was happening was enough to break his walls so that he cried even thinking of it.

Faded Pictures.

It may have been over a year since Eddie had to leave, but Aleks would never get over him. But perhaps that's for the best, so that way the faded pictures -and their memories- can live on forever.

I'm so so so sorry about posting this early again. I'm such an idiot for doing that. Please forgive me my cheeses. Anywho, I hope you enjoyed the crushed feels. I'm starting to work on another feels-crushing one shot after this one so be prepared! Again, thank you so much to hghrules for letting me use her amazing song. I think that's all for now. Until next time, Peace my Cheeses!