16: Crossing The Bridge | 1 |

Start from the beginning

He noticed Lea approaching and stopped his practice. He then glanced at her with a questioning frown. "What's up ahead?"

"Same. Beasts, but we are 2 days closer to the Cape." Informed Lea in her placid tone.

"Good to know." Replied Raize with a nod as he continued to observe Lea. "Anything else?"

"You had a frown."

"Ah... I just don't like not knowing some things that I should be made known of. Nothing too serious."

"I hope so. You are aware this is a dangerous world wherein the four of us have to rely on one another continuously, right?" Reminded Lea in a softer tone.

"Hm. You are right. I'll talk to her. Sorry about this."

"Yea."

And with that, Raize left Lea and walked several feet towards Ulla and Bright. Eyeing as the two bantered with each other as usual.

"Ulla, I need to talk to you." To his words, Ulla simply turned to look at him and nodded her consent.

Left alone, Bright decided to go ahead and stay beside Lea. At least he'll remain safe. "Watch over me, my knight!"

"....." Lea simply rolled her eyes as she continued to study their surroundings. "Just don't go anywhere from my sight."

Bright dramatically squealed like a teenage girl, "Eyahh~ How noble!!"

Lea involuntarily hid a smile by turning her face away.

---------♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭

"Are you really not keeping anything else from us, Ulla? Have you remembered anything about the game? I'll believe you if you can tell me what your thoughts are right now." Demanded Raize, rather arrogantly and impatiently.

Surprised by his strong force, Ulla started to think deeply. Then she slowly and softly said, "The game has an end..."

With that, Raize's eyes grew wide in realization. "That is true... I missed that point with all these things going on. What happens after the war?"

"The pattern in the game was simplistic enough in that good endings meant the war was won by either side. While bad endings meant several characters could die. A harem route could devastate Ingrid, while the heroine route leads to more formidable consequences such as that another battle would ensue but it'll be one against the many."

"Sounds tragic. Your sister has a strange taste." Commented Raize as he continued to ponder.

"That, I agree... The game world was huge in itself considering the theme was World War. It was simplified because it was a game of romance. It wouldn't have to bother about the aftermath."

"Understood. So once war is over, what happens to us..." He asked more to himself than to Ulla.

"But that's not all you were gonna ask, right? I know you've been rather mean to me since last we talked at Mingzhe Dei."

"Yea. Glad you noticed." Said Raize, which made Ulla show a frown. "I want to understand about the game's essence system. Was it ever explained elaborately? How about other contents?"

"Since I was not really into the game, I didn't try to understand anything aside from that the game was focused on the capture targets. And even with that, I only know the surface of things." She paused before continuing her words. "Essences, in the game, was explained to be the will of Ingrid. She bestowed blessing all over the land to quench war. She was generous."

"But irresponsible." With his words, Ulla gave a slow understanding nod.

"I was never a religious believer, so I understand Ingrid as a rather powerful being than a goddess. And she might have actually existed in this world at some point. But the game only mentioned her a few times." Clarified Ulla. "Exactly why when Lea first mentioned the word, I was thrown into confusion and that was the biggest clue yet on how I figured where exactly we currently are."