Louis sighs, "Apparently its like a three day thing, two nights and three days."

I hold a hand up to my forhead, "So then I was right then, it all was only for this stupid meeting that I have no clue about." I throw my hands up to surrender. "But there's no way out  of it is there?" I mock him.

"Please, trust me. There's no way in hell that I ever wanted this to happen this way. I wanted to spend this vacation time with you. I just got this news this morning, while you were taking your time to get ready." he playfully retorts.

I ran my hands over my face and sigh loudly.

"Hey, hey, hey," Louis tries to console me and grasps my hands from the spots dangling nervous at my sides.

"I'm sorry it had to be this way, you just have to trust me." his fingers travel to the promise ring he gave to me, and he twirls it slightly. "Piper?"

"Yeah, I guess I just overreacted. I'm sorry Lou I don't think you would ever try and fool me into something like this." He pulls me into a hug. "What will you be doing while I'm away?" I whisper softly.

"I'm not sure yet, but don't worry about me, I'll be okay.. Let's just spend the rest of the day to ourselves and try to not think about this whole thing until tomorrow." He kisses me lightly.

"I couldn't agree more," I answer.

Time passes quicker than I would've pleased, but the statement 'time flies by when you're having fun' is a dead ringer for this situation.

I cling tight to Louis as we ride up to the top of the empire state building to catch the view of the sun setting. I've always seen the pictures of the city below the enormous building but I was very interested to see it in person. Just by the unsettling shutter of the elevator, and the way that my ears began to pop, I could tell that we were nearing the top of the edifice. I held my breath in as the elevator halted and the doors separated to reveal a short walk to the breathtaking view.

"Holy crap," my eyes gaze to the floor, and a sigh escapes my lips.

It's like the whole city is vulnerable from this height, the other skyscrapers are below us. The photo's are only a glimpse into the feeling of being free and flying, but actually being there is like someone let you out of the nest, out into the open air above the other buildings that made you feel tiny.

When Louis reaches out and clasps my hand in his, that's when I came back to reality. I watched him for a moment, I watched him gaze out into the view as I just had. He had a look of adoration he so often wore while looking at me. I realized then that what I was looking for all my life I had found. Someone to adore me. Someone so devoted to me that they try and do everything in their capability to make me happy. I found what I was deprived of in my childhood. I found what I need for the rest of my life.

I found love.

"Louis," I impulsively said.

His eyes met mine and the corners of his lips tugged up into a smile. My heart began to beat faster than it ever has before by the simple eye contact. "Yes, babe."

"I love you," I stated confidently, and I swear I have never seen him smile wider. It was the most pure, happy smile he's ever worn.

"I love you too," he replied and pressed his lips to mine. His arms snaked to my back and he pulled me close.

Suddenly a snapshot of a camera pulls our lips apart and causes us to  turn our heads in the direction. A nosy group of paparazzi clicks away at the sight of us. Louis and I only laugh then collide our lips once more.

****

"Do you mind me wearing this?" I ask Louis, holding up and old tee shirt of his. He agrees and I change quickly, not even caring to move to a separate room. The lazy black graphic tee falls mid thigh, causing my smooth legs to break out in goose bumps from the cold draft of the air vent.

"The view is nothing compared to the empire state building," I honestly blurt, staring out the window of the hotel. "But it's still gorgeous. Oh and the lights," I coo.

Louis appears behind me, his hands find my waist, and he wraps his arms around me. His lies his head down on my neck, and I rest my blonde head on his. After a couple minutes of staying like this, looking out into the city throbbing with energy, I flip myself around from his grip and place my lips on his. He impatiently kisses back, heating things up quickly. Louis closes the curtains tight, to block out the curious eyes of the world as stumble back quickly towards the hotel bed, causing me to smile wide when my back hits the mattress. The kiss only lasts so long before Louis' borrowed shirt ends up on the floor in a frumpy heap of fabric along with the rest of  our articles of clothing.

___________

a/n :

GUYS I MISSED YOU SO MUCH! SORRY YOU MUST ALL HATE ME, BUT I LOVE YOU I MEAN OVER 70,000 VIEWS I NEVER EVER THOUGHT THIS STORY WOULD BE THAT POLULAR BUT WHEW YOU GUYS DEFINETELY EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS!! I hope you enjoyed that ending sorry I didn't give more details, let your imagination go wild you dirty you. lol love you guys xx - greycie.

p.s. I WILL TRY AND POST MORE SORRY, SCHOOL IS KICKING MY ASS OMG.