Beach Bonfire

My toes dig into the cool sand as I walk. I hold my pair of Dr. Martens in my hand. The dark sky sends a massive shadow, looming over the beach. In the distance a massive fire erupts and laughter and shouting erupts from the crowd around it.

"So Louis Tomlinson from the extremely famous boyband One Directi-"

"Mhm." I respond to Emme, trying to get her to continue what she is trying to say. 

"Tweeted you back, and you didn't reply to the guy until after we got home... and he didn't reply back. Your in some deep sh-" a yelp from a person by the bonfire cuts her off.

"I know, I know. Its pretty bloody awful. And when you put it that way, it seems worse. " I curse to myself.

"Sorry about that, cupcake." Emme puts her arm around my shoulders and leans her head against one of my shoulders. "Maybe the bonfire will get your mind off it." I nod my head.

*****

"Hey PiperAnn." A joking voice calls behind me. The person who called my name sat next to me.

It was a guy, and I didn't recognize who it was until he faced me. He handed me a beer.

"Erm, thanks Owen. You know that I don't turn 18 for a couple-" he placed his hand on my lips. Drunk. He must be drunk.

"It doesn't matter. A couple of weeks, a couple of shmeeks." he claps me on the back.

"Oh. Okay." he opens my bottle for me and I take a sip. It took all I have in me to not spit it out, but instead I swallow.

I smile and Owen looks satisfied. Owen gets up and dances away. The taste of beer still lingers in my mouth. With the beer bottle in hand I take another sip. I guess its not that bad after all.

****

"Woooh!!" I shout. The alcohol begins taking over my senses.

"Hey you," I wound up grabbing the hand of a guy I can't even recall's hand having him spin me. I giggle and take a sip of my 3rd beer. He must be sober because he takes the beer bottle from my hand and throws it. My eyes are so fuzzy that I don't even recollect where it lands. My smiling face morphs turns into a scowl and I giggle off to get another drink. After grabbing another drink, I grab the guy that threw my beer and lead him to the ocean with me.

I shove the new drink into his hands, and strip down to my bikini right in front of him. "Why do you look at me so funny?" I pout. But before I know it I'm giggling again and pulled him into the ocean. I snatch my drink away from him and after drinking one sip, I pour the rest out into the water. The salty water rushing towards me in waves only reaches my belly button.

Just then my legs turn to lead and I drop into his muscular arms. With my index finger I trace his abs and smile to myself.

He picks me up bridal style and carries me back toward the bonfire.

"No. No!" I protest. I struggle in his arms then completely turn to lead.

"Your so drunk." he laughs, and I remember thinking that about Owen.

The last thing I remember before knocking out was me rubbing my fingers across the guys face then suddenly I remembered who he was.

__________

Thanks for reading!! Rate, Comment, and Follow!!

Smoochies, Greysynne Marie.