Trust Me

"Oh, wow," I ramble. "New York."

"I knew you always wanted to visit there." he smiles wide as we take our seats.

"Thanks again, Lou." I give him a quick peck on the lips.

"No problem, baby." he grins, causing his eyes to squint.

He's so adorable.

I plop myself by a seat next to a window. When I look through the clear glass, everything outside the lit airplane is drenched in a thick coat of darkness. The night is slowly creeping up on the city of London, but at the airport the hustle and bustle just grows as time wears on.

Louis exhales sharply and by the small traces of purple bags that underline his serene blue eyes, i can tell he's tired.

As soon as the two of us are situated in our seats I lie my head on Louis' shoulder and he lies head on mine. While the two of us wait patiently for takeoff he takes out his phone and scrolls through twitter.

Eventually the pilot give his small talk before the plane shoots off into the sky and we start on our descent to the big apple city.

A few minutes after takeoff, Louis' thumb suddenly stops scrolling and his breathing slows down. It only took me a few minutes to realize that he had fallen asleep.

Slowly the sides of my mouth tug up into a smile and I chuckle quietly. My eyes shut out of exhaustion and as Louis' rhythmic snores lull me to sleep.

****

"Piper-" A sudden voice wakes me.

"Mhm." I instantaneously respond and batter my eyelashes open.

Louis smirking face fills my vision.

"I've got something for ya," he cheekily replies.

"Oh, do you?" I stretch out my limbs.

He opens up his bag and pulls out a small ring box. Quickly, he opens it and pulls out a gorgeous ring with diamonds encrested throughout.

"Oh, Louis." My eyes widen in shock.

"I know what you're thinking... but this is different. This is a promise ring." he slips it onto my finger. "And as long as you wear it, know that I'm all yours." he smiles with glassy eyes. "I'm fully committed to you, baby. And only you."

I throw my arms around his neck in excitement.

"This is so beautiful Louis. This means the world." I choke on my words, so I just wrap my arms around him again.

I lean up to his ear and confirm my other half of the promise "Trust me I'm all yours."

He plants a kiss on my lips. A kiss that lasts only a few moments, but I could only wish would last forever.

"I love you Piper." he plainly states.

"I love you more." I counter.

"Oh you wanna go there?" he jokingly sasses, snapping his fingers.

I laugh, then cuddle my head into his chest. With a huge grin I extend my hand out in front of my face, examining the ring. My eyes key in on all the details.

Soon after I lay my hand back down at my side, ready to stop my obsessive admiration. Louis opens his laptop and we do our usual plane routine of watching movies. We watch a couple chick-flicks, then notice the time.

"It's like 3:50 in the morning." I laugh as I explain the time to Lou.

"Shit, we should probably get some rest." he closes the laptop and pulls out the ear buds that we shared, the two of us each had one bud.

I use the back of my hands to rub my dry eyes, and then yawn out if exhaustion.

I pull the blanket we share over my shoulders and snuggle up into Louis' chest.

"Night, baby." he whispers in a hushed tone.

"Night," I reply hoarsely.

****

"So, do we need to catch a cab now?" I drag my luggage behind me sluggishly. The two of us had only woken up from our brief sleep not even a half hour ago.

"It'll definitely be hard to do at 6AM but we'll work something out." his face still has a sleepy look to it. His eyes are still adjusting to the lights in the bright airport.

"Hey, stick close to me while we're here... This place is creeping with paps," I nod my head tersely.

It only took a few minutes to find a taxi near the airport and we set off for our hotel. Jet lag is killer, and Louis and I need some more sleep, the two of us are both a bit snippy.

After paying the old taxi driver, we escaped to the entrance of a grand hotel that caused me tilt my head way back just to see the top floor.

Within minutes we already have our room key and are cramming our suitcases into the elevator.

"Dammit," Louis cursed as his suitcase stopped wheeling once caught on a tile.

"Babe," I help him catch his mistake and pull the wheels up above the little riff in the flooring.

"Thanks," he mutters.

"No problem." I reply.

Soon after, we are walking down the hallway towards our room. The hallways seems to be newly refurnished, it has a modern flair.

Louis stops at a random door that I conclude is ours and he hurriedly opens it. The first thing the two of us do is just drop our luggage in the entrance. Sluggishly, I plop onto a large king size bed covered with a white comforter and hide under the covers. A few moments after, Louis lies down beside me. Before I know it, he has his arms wrapped around my waist and his legs are intertwined with mine. Exhaling out of relief I slip off to sleep, with a smile slapped onto my lips.

______________

Sorry guys updates have been really short and very spaced out but I assure you that I will keep updating even if it just takes some time. I'll definitely try and work on that though!

Unless I don't update before Christmas, I wish you all the best!

Happy Holidays XX - greyy