Chapter 35

We arrived to a giant house that the guys had rented for the weekend – it had five bedrooms, three bathrooms and it was amazing. It was a little awkward to be staying so close to Logan and Odette, but nothing I couldn't handle. It was such a nice place – totally open floor plan, modern décor, a beautiful yard with a pool, a patio and a grill. It was absolutely perfect, not to mention it was only like a mile away from Disneyland!

"Wow..." Emma said, walking in and looking around. I smiled slightly, happy to see she wasn't completely spoiled to nice things already, and that she still had an appreciation for luxury more than an expectation.

"There's a room with some bunk beds in it just for you, Kiddo! You get your very own room!" Colin said, leading her to the room.

Everyone else paired up and found their rooms, and I turned to Finn. "If there are only five bedrooms and Colin just gave Emma her own room..." I trailed off.

"He and Stephanie thought it would be cheeky to put us in a room together" he said with a laugh.

"Well then!" I said, blushing a little.

"At least it's not like we haven't already slept in a bed together - luckily we've had some practice" he pointed out with a wink.

"Yeah, but sleeping in the same bed with you four nights in a row is going to cause me to not want to sleep alone anymore" I teased.

He shrugged. "I could think of worse things than that" he said with a wink, and I blushed.

He carried my suitcases to our room, which was the master bedroom that had a bathroom en suite. "We should probably start getting ready for dinner. We've got reservations at six" he said, getting his toiletries from his bag. "I'm going to head in and take a quick shower" he said.

"Okay. Hey, do you know how fancy this dinner is supposed to be?" I asked.

"You could always wear Poppy's pajamas that I snuck in your bag" he said with a wink.

I laughed and shook my head. "You stole from your own sister" I teased.

"Hey, what was I to do, you looked sexy as hell in them!" he said with a laugh.

"Whatever, go take your shower" I said, rolling my eyes, but I was laughing too.

* * *

I hurried up and changed clothes while Finn was in the shower, but I clearly wasn't quick enough because I heard the water turn off.

"Oh shoot!" I exclaimed, pulling my dress on quickly and struggling to reach the zipper. I looked up to see him standing in the doorway in his shorts, smirking at me. I had a deer caught in headlights look on my face and he laughed.

"Come here, Love" he said, motioning with his hand for me to come closer and he moved from the door frame. He came over and moved my hair from cascading down my back to all sit on the right shoulder, revealing the nape of my neck. He paused for a moment before taking in a deep breath and zipping as he was supposed to. "You look stunning, by the way. Just in case you were wondering" he whispered with a smile.

I smiled too, and held up a necklace, asking for his assistance, and he happily obliged. I moved the hair back into its original place and sat down on the edge of the bed to fasten the clasps on my heels.

"You don't look too shabby yourself, by the way...just in case you were wondering" I said, not looking at him as I spoke the words, and then met his eyes with mine as I stood up. He was right in front of me, and I felt as if a magnet was trying to pull me closer to him. My breath caught in my throat, realizing he couldn't take his eyes off of me.

There was a knock on the door and we both let out breaths that neither knew the other had been holding in. "Mommy? Uncle Finn?" Emma's voice called from the other side.

I opened the door and Emma smiled. "Mommy?" she asked.

"Yeah, honey?" I asked.

"You look so pretty!" she said smiling.

I smiled too and hugged her. "So do you, is this another one of your new outfits from Daddy's house?" I asked her.

She nodded and did a twirl.

"You're just as gorgeous as your mum, Little Love" Finn told her with a wink and she smiled.

"Thank you" she said, complete with a courtesy and everything. I laughed so hard, bringing my hand to my mouth in surprise.

"My, my; what a proper young lady we have here!" Finn said with a smile.

"Is everyone ready to head out?" Logan asked, walking into the open doorway.

We all nodded and followed Logan to meet up with everyone in the living room before making our way to the limo.

* * *

During dinner, we had a great time laughing, and talking, and catching up with the missing four members of the Life and Death Brigade.

"So when are we going to talk about you two?" Robert asked with a raised eyebrow, pointing a finger back and forth between Finn and me.

I shrugged. "What about us?" I asked with a laugh.

"So you're really not dating?" Stephanie asked skeptically.

"We're really not" Finn said with a laugh.

"I told Uncle Finn I wanted him to be my stepdad!" Emma piped in and everyone looked at her in surprise.

"You did!? Why!?" Logan asked in shock.

"Because he takes very good care of my mommy and me like a stepdaddy is supposed to, and I love him!" she said.

My face turned bright red and Finn put his arm around me with a laugh. "Oh, Emma Darling, you never cease to amaze me, but I love you, too." he said with a wink.

She smiled back at him, from ear to ear, happy as a lark that she said what she said.

"Would that bother you?" Odette asked Logan, her expression was one of surprise of his outburst.

"Would Emma having a stepdad bother me? It's a little unsettling, yeah, so it's a good thing it's not something I have to worry about quite yet" he said with a laugh.

"Yet" Juliet said with a wink.

"I can't believe it, our little boy is finally growing up – and it's going to be with Mother!" Colin teased with mock sadness, and then he started laughing at how he cracked himself up.

"Did anyone else notice the lack of a Finn-shaped hole in the wall with all this stepdad talk, or was that just me?" Robert pointed out with a laugh.

Finn just laughed but didn't respond.

"Aww, he's got it bad!" Juliet said with a giant smile.