2: Being taken advantage for sneaking from behind!

Start from the beginning

Not knowing what Bright was referring to, she ignored his question. "Are you coming with me?" She simply asked, while bringing the unconscious boy more comfortably on her shoulder.

Seeing this, Bright found it very strange. He never knew Lea has so much strength. Although his thoughts abruptly stopped there and heard no more. His mind was experiencing brain freeze due to neurons dying too fast. If he does not eat soon, he might lost some memories. True or not, he was starting to look worrying, in the head.

She proceeded to push the younger boy for direction when Bright remained silent. "Move." She then glanced once again on Bright before proceeding to leave. She was sure Bright was no longer in her presence, but she still bothered to say something. "Tell the others I've found a place. I'll see you soon."

Of course, as expected, Bright did not hear anything! He was simply staring into space, thinking of air.

The poor boy was left to gather his wits, and slowly stood up to walk in the direction of his poor home. He thought fearfully of his mother's reaction to the outrageous girl. But he couldn't do anything otherwise.

Bright, on the other hand, couldn't say yes or no to Lea's invitation. He simply was too hungry to think of anything! Standing by himself in the middle of tall trees and shrubberies, his mind was empty as a brainless skull. A few minutes later, his mind zapped and remembered he badly needed to find something to eat. And so he went about his way to find any fruit lying about. Of course a fruit that would be left on the ground could possibly be never good to eat, but Bright was too hungry and feeling too foolish to care.

Left alone to his own devices, danger looms overhead.

--------
"Mom!" Called the boy, sounding like he badly needed help. To his desperate call, a middle aged woman burst out of the door holding a butcher knife.

"What is it, little Victor? Where's the person I should kill?" She asked with her bulging eyes. If people cannot feel fear from her sharp butcher knife, then her looks could.

The boy simply pointed at Lea. The woman then noticed her older son, her expression changed. "D-Did you saved my dear Vince? Thank you... Thank you! Here, let me." Assuming by herself that Lea was there to save the day, she scurried to shoulder her injured son. She then led Lea inside the house.

The boy was left speechless, and couldn't say more. Especially after Lea gave him a look before proceeding to follow his mother. A child he may be, he knew better not to interfere on someone's plans, especially against someone he cannot possibly win against. In addition, he thought better than to endanger his mother by honestly telling her what had occurred.

Inside the house, Vince was laid in one of the bedrooms. The interior of the house looked clean and furnished with mahogany wood. There were many cabinets with herbs in different containers labeled differently from one another.

The woman led Lea into the dining room where she asked her to have a sit while she made her way to make some herbal tea.

"If I may, girl. What happened to my son to have him looking like that?"

Victor was also present as he was asked by his mother to remain close at hand. Listening to his mother's probing, he felt himself nervous.

"I threw a rock. It hit his shoulder." Her answer made the woman drop the kettle harshly, almost burning her own hands.

"W-What...?" Her blue eyes narrowed with a glare.

"M-ma... Calm down!" Feeling increasingly fearful, he couldn't help but ask his mom to not do anything drastic.