Chapter 18: Prom

Zafier's POV

This is it. Prom na. Hindi talaga dapat ako a-attend ng prom cause why the fuck would I go to some useless event kung saan sasayaw at lalandi lang naman ang mga studyante?

It may be something special for every student. It may be their dream to go to prom, but not me. Ang perspective ko sa prom ay walang kwenta. Gagastos ka for some expensive clothes para lang sa isang gabi, mag eeffort ka pa just to ask a girl or even a boy to prom, magbabayad ka pa for the main event and practice dancing. I used to think that prom is just another bullshit in highschool.

Noon yon.

But now? I fucking want to go. That is because of arkhi. I want to have the chance to dance with her, to make her feel special, to satisfy my cravings of seeing her. I don't care kahit magkano pa gastusin ko. I don't care kung lahat ng students don ay maglandian. I just want to be with Arkhi and make this night special for her.

Sky, I'm going crazy for this girl. Ang simpleng kyuryosidad ko ay lumalalim na nang tuluyan.

I never thought of girls much. When I think about them, they're just there for me to use and disregard later. That's it.

But then, Sky came into the fucking picture. I don't even know what's so special about her.

Siya yung tipong babae na simple lang, go with the flow, matapang, kayang makipagsabayan kahit kanino, walang inuurungan, joker, matalino, maganda, boyish. Even her flaws are attracting me. Yung pagkabayolente niya, yung pagiging pikon at mayabang niya, yung pagmumura niya pati na rin yung mga sapak at insulto na nakukuha ko mula sa kanya.

I fucking love everything about her that I don't even consider her flaws as flaws. It's driving me crazy! I've never felt this feeling before. Halo-halong emosyon. Basta ang alam ko lang ay kailangan ko si Sky sa buhay ko. End of story.

The first time I laid my eyes on her, I knew something was wrong. The sudden fast heartbeats? The nervousness? The need to look and be with her? The willingness to let her boss me around? The unexplained satisfaction whenever I see her smile? It wasn't normal for me. Alam ko na agad na may mali.

For a moment there akala ko mababaliw na ako dahil kay Sky. Hindi ako makatulog nang maayos dahil sa kanya. I want to see her smile because of me. I want to make her happy.

Yung dating demonyo na kahit kriminal ay matatakot, nag-iba na. Yes I may be cold sometimes pero madalas na akong ngumingiti o tumatawa dahil kay Sky. She's the reason why I'm smiling like an idiot. I never knew I was capable of smiling so much before I met her.

She's like a breath of fresh air in my toxic and boring world.

She's my first everything. First kiss, the first one who made me smile and laugh, the first one who changed me into a better person, the first one na nag-utos sakin dahil bossy siya, the first one who went to my apartment, the first one that I have to blackmail para lang sumunod sakin, the first girl who wasn't afraid or just going to use me. The first girl who made me jealous. The first girl who stole my heart.

I was afraid this day would come. Yung mahuhulog ako. Kasi sa totoo lang wala akong alam dito. Walang wala.

She's my first everything, and I'll make sure that she will be my last.

"Hoy! Ano tutunganga lang tayo dito?" pamimilosopo ni Arkhi habang nakatitig ako sa kanya. Sinundo ko siya sa bahay niya while Shaun kept on giving me warning looks.

Ngumisi lang ako sa kanya. Hindi ko aakalaing mahuhulog ako sa isang babae nang ganun kabilis.

Too damn fast and too damn hard.