CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR - The Truth

Sprinkles - So you do know who he is?

Me - Yep. He came into work the other day, but he was acting REALLY weird. He was fidgeting and looked as though I was going to attack him... I didn't know his name though.

Sprinkles - You can be quite intimidating when you want to be...

Me - Seriously?! I'm a midget!! How can I be scary?!?!?!

Sprinkles - You may be tiny but you can punch pretty hard...

Me - Hah... Sorryyyyyyyy!

Me - Also! Did you ask your Mum what's been going on?

Sprinkles - Not yet! I'm attempting to do the homework Kravitz gave us...

Me - Ughhh!!! Don't remind me... I'm watching funny cat videos on YouTube for a reason...

Sprinkles - Procrastination at its finest!

Me - Ha... Ha...

Sprinkles - But seriously, can you please do the Humanities so you can tell me the answers...? Cause I'm stuck on number 3.

Sprinkles - And 4.

Sprinkles - And 5.

Sprinkles - And 7 and 8...

Sprinkles - May as well make it all of the questions...

Sprinkles - WHY IS LEGAL SO HARD?!?!?!?

Me - Because Kravitz likes to make our lives miserable...?

I pause the video I'm currently watching and walk over to my school bag and pull out my homework folder. I plonk it on the ground and sit down next to it. I shuffle through all of the books and work sheets until I find the Humanities workbook. I read over the handout.

What is the difference between Civil and Criminal Law?

What is the definition of a jurisdiction?

Draw the court heirarchy.

It's all a bunch of questions about the law in Australia and definitions and tedious questions that will take a long time to answer. I grab my iPad off my desk and FaceTime Harvey. I turn my music on and select a random Spotify playlist.

He answers the call within a few rings and the first thing I hear is him mutter obsenities about anything and everything.

"You all good?" I ask.

"No. No, I am not. School sucks! Homework sucks! Teachers suck! Mr. Kravitz, especially, sucks!" He replies frustration filling his voice.

"Deep breaths!" I advise, trying not to laugh.

Harvey's silent for a few moments and I can see he's taking my advice.

"So what questions have you done?" I ask.

"Ah... None?" He answers, making it sound more like a question.

I take a deep breath myself before flicking through our notes from class. I read over the pages and circle in pencil the answers that relate to at least one of the questions.

"What're you doing?"

"Going through my notes," I mumble, my attention on the words infront of me.

"Notes?"

"Mhmmm."

"Why do you take notes?"

I circle another paragraph and look back at my iPad.