CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN - We Need Help

HARVEY'S P.O.V

Cass' bus should be here soon?

This could go horribly wrong, Harvey.

I know. But the odds are in my favour. I like her, she likes me. What else is there to it?

Maybe add in the part where she doesn't want a relationship?

Let's stay positive. Happy thoughts.

Nerves are igniting all through my body like wildfire and I can't stand still. I'm pacing back and forth in the corridor, trying to get my thoughts in order.

"Harvey? Are you okay?" I hear voice behind me.

I jump in surprise and turn to see Chloe.

"Ah. Yeah. Yep. I'm good. Maybe? No. No, I'm not. I'm freaking out!" I reply quickly, my words jumbling together.

"Breathe!" She orders.

I take a deep breath in, and let it out.

"What's up?"

"I'm asking Cass out," I reply, just as quickly as before.

Chloe visibly freezes and she looks horrified.

"What? Is it not a good idea? Does she not like me anymore? If she doesn't you can just tell me, I can handle it. Who am I kidding? I won't be able to handle it! Okay, no. Just tell me. Cold, hard truth. Lay it on me," I finish, my voice sounding a lot more confident than I feel.

If she doesn't like me anymore I will be crushed.

She could still like you? There could be other elements.

Like, Cameron?

No. Maybe. No. Yes. Potentially. No?

"It's not my place to tell, Harvey. That's Cass' past and if she wants to tell you, she will. I'm not going to say anything. I can assure that she does still like you, but I'm not too sure if this would be the best time to ask her."

What does she mean? I know everything about Cass. If there's something major she would've told me, right?

"What do you mean?" I ask, a pleading edge to my voice.

"Harvey, it's not my place," she answers, averting her eyes from me.

"Chloe, if it's about Cass I feel as though I have a right to know. If she's not okay, I need to know!"

Chloe closes her eyes and takes a deep breath.

"Okay, fine! But let me get Rose," she answers, uncertainty written all over her face.

Chloe walks off, leaving me in the corridor. A few moments later, she comes back with a very angry Rose.

"I can't believe you told him! He has no right! It's Cassidy's choice! Not ours! Not with something as major as this!" Rose whisper-yells to Chloe.

What have I gotten myself into?

Maybe it's best to not know. It could be something massive.

What could be worse than what I already know? Besides, I want to help Cass. No matter what.

Rose pokes me hard in the chest with her index finger.

"I swear to God, if you hurt her like he did, I will murder you myself! I don't give a crap if I've known you my whole life! I will not hesitate in decapitating you olden style!"