CHAPTER TWENTY - Panic Stations

I wake in the morning to find The Maze Runner still playing on the television. I rub my eyes and stretch my limbs, grunting as I sit up.

I stand up and turn the DVD player off, saying a slient goodbye to Dylan before he disappears off the screen. Then a thought hits me.

Why didn't Mum turn it off last night when she same home?

I shrug the thought away and start cleaning the house. I wash the dishes that I couldn't be bothered doing last night, I vacuumed, mopped, scrubbed every surface, straightened every cushion, removed every spec of dust I could find.

After two and a half hours, I put down the cloth and let out a huff of air.

Not too shabby if you ask me.

I agree. Much cleaner!

Baking?

Hahaha. No. I just spend hours cleaning. There's no way I'm creating more mess by baking.

Awhhhhhhhh!

No.

I hear my phone ring and it takes me a few moments to remember where I last saw it. I go into the loungeroom and pick it up off the coffee table. I turn it on and see I have a tonne of messages. Some from Harvey, Cameron, Mum, Chloe, Rose and Dad.

The last name makes me freeze.

After a week he texts me back?

This is unbelievable.

I open up Harvey's messages first.

Sprinkles- How's the Maze Runner going?

Sprinkles- Regretting your decision yet?

Sprinkles- Dude! They just rolled this car!

Sprinkles- No matter how many times I watch this, it never loses it's epicness!

Me- Is that even a word?

I click onto the group chat next and read through.

Rose- I DIDN'T TRIP! I hardly even freaked out!

Chloe- That's caketastic!

Rose- Seriously...

Chloe- What?

Rose- You're bonkers.

Chloe- No, I'm cakealicious!

Rose- *image file*

I open the image and see a three tiered, white cake. It's decorated with flowers and beads and has a bride and groom situated at the top. It looks delicious!

Chloe- THIS IS AMAZING! DOES IT TASTE GOOD! OMG I CAN IMAGINE IT NOW! All the chocolatey goodness in my mouth! Heavenly!

Rose- It's vanilla...

Chloe- All the vanillaey goodness in my mouth!

Rose- Hahahahhaa. How are the toddlers?

Chloe- Do not even mention the demon children.

Rose- Demon children.

Chloe- Good news is! I've convinved the parents to go back home tomorrow! A WEEK EARLY!! I think they've had enough of the kids, too.

Rose- YESSSS!! SLEEPOVER!!!

Chloe- Rose, you're a genius!!!!!!!

Rose- Thank you! I gtg. They're about to do speeches!