Chapter 57: Drinks

After I told Kelly that Jade was awake, she said nothing, but her expression said everything. It was like she was prey who heard a predator creeping closer. Her eyes were wide, she was as still as a statue, and I swear her ears twitched up. Now if she only had a tail...

She bolted up from her seat, stopped whatever she was doing and zoomed through the hallway. She wasn't running, but her long strides were a bit exhausting. I could tell that she was thrilled to know that Jade was awake too.

*BAM!!!*

A little too excited at that.

Kelly flung the door open, not caring if she was making a racket, or if she was even breaking the door in the process. Jade was obviously startled by the loud bang and had an awkward look on her. "U-Uhh? K-Kelly?" Jade called her out nervously, and just like that, Kelly dashed forward and threw herself on Jade.

"WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" she started to cry out on Jade's shoulder while she was hugging her tightly in the process.

"W-What's the matter Kell-"

"Don't scare us like that, stupid!" she interrupted and then faced front to pinch both Jade's cheeks, "You stupid fool! I've told you countless of times to just tell Chris about it and just rest up in the hospital, but noooo! You were all, 'I don't wanna worry Chris' or 'I don't want him to do anything rash'. But its normal that people are going to worry about you you dodo-brain!"

Now that's a first where Jade's been called a dodo-brain. Usually she calls me that! And to be honest, I kinda missed that. But yeah, not wanting others to worry? That's totally Jade.

"I'm sorry Kelly, you're right. I was being stupid."

"You're darn right I'm right!"

Jade giggled and Kelly continued to nag at her and Jade just listened to her happily. I just watched from the sidelines. Even though Kelly was nagging quite a lot, and even though some were nonsensical, Jade went through all of it with a gentle smile.

After all the talk, Kelly ran some tests on Jade and recorded them all. Minutes later, Hazel walked in and doubled the nagging.

"Ahem." I cleared my throat and they all turned to look at me.

"Oh... Were we hogging Jade too much, Chris?" Kelly asked me sarcastically.

"Oh no, no, no! You're good! I was just trying to tell you all that I'll be heading to the Rest Room and maybe for a vending machine on the way in case you would wonder where I was going without saying anything."

I saw Jade smile, "Okay Chris. I'll be waiting here for when you return."

"Thanks Jade. See you soon." I waved at the other two as well before exiting the room.

After the rest room and the getting of three canned drinks from a nearby vending machine, I had one more place to stop by before getting back to Jade's room. I knocked twice on the door and waited for a response.

"Come in." I was told, and I entered the room. He looked at me and then back on his research, "So what brings you here?"

"Well, I would just like to tell you that if you'd want to talk to her, you can."

"Excuse me?"

"Jade's awake." I said, and a little similar to how Kelly reacted, he froze from place. "I mean, I am very thankful that you are devoted to finding a cure for Jade's condition as soon as possible, but you should go talk to her too, Luke."

Luke then faced me with a serious look on his face for quite a while, then turned away to face his computer again. "I think I'll pay her a little visit after I finish this real quick."

"Okay... And hey!" I announced and he glanced at me, "I didn't know what you'd drink, but I got this for you." I said as I handed him the canned coffee.

"I prefer fruit juice, but hey, I'd drink this too. Thanks." he smiled as he took the drink and continued typing on the keyboard.

"Pfft! You're welcome." I snickered and walked to the door, "You better visit Jade as soon as you finish whatever you're doing for now!" I warned him and he gave me a wave.

When I got back, Jade had a lunch tray on her bed and looked like she was munching on some beans, and it seemed like she was done too. But I had to peek in and tease her, "Jade, you didn't touch the mushrooms."

She glared at me, "You're teasing me on purpose! You know I hate mushrooms!"

I laughed, "I know, you didn't eat your tomatoes either." she pouted this time. "What's the difference, I mean, you love ketchup but hate tomatoes?"

"They're still different!"

"Yeah... Whole and processed." I mocked and she stuck her tongue out.

"Okay~! I'll be taking this with me and you can have Jade all to yourself, Chris. Kelly and I have to get back to work."

"I understand. Thank you Hazel, and thank Kelly for me too." She nodded and left the room. I then sat down on my usual chair and handed Jade her canned hot chocolate, "I got this for ya." She took it from me and thanked me.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"The story was nice. Kelly lent me the book, and-" while talking random things with Jade, we heard a knock on the door. I hope it is who I think it is.

"Come in." voiced out Jade, and Luke walked in. Finally.

"Hi Jade."

"Hey Luke."

Boy... Both of them sound awkward. Should I sit somewhere else to give them some space? That's what I thought, but they might think I'm weird for it, so I'll just sit here and listen in.

"I'm glad to see that you are awake and well."

"Thanks. And I heard that you're working your butt off on my behalf. I'm sorry."

"Please don't apologize. I'm thankful for the opportunity."

Jade gave him a warm smile and Luke gave an awkward laugh.

Luke then just began asking Jade about her problem more, asking where it hurt, how it started, and if there was anything else troubling her. Of course, this was all for the sake of curing Jade, and I was also learning a lot more about it from just listening to the both of them.

Asking about the problem then turned to asking about the research and the experiments to see what Jade did and what would she have done further to get closer to what she was doing. All this medicine and hospital talk is coming in one ear and going out the other, so much complicated stuff, I think I might go mad. Medicine is maybe really a field which isn't for me?

Minutes through the conversation, Luke was also taking down a couple of notes, like he's learning from Jade and going to put her insights into good use. Maybe after this, the process of finding her cure will come sooner than expected? Well... I am praying for that.

I hope this medicine to cure Jade is successful and comes soon.

_______________________

Hey Guys!!!

Thanks and Please continue to Support + Share + Vote + Comment on #TPaTNWCT~! :D

Don't keep quiet and share your thoughts~! :3

~Kurisu-chan ;*