Chapter 27: Morning Surprise

Waking up this morning, it felt all warm and cozy. The warmth was opposite to the comfort I was feeling though, since I was sleeping on the floor. It's a good thing that our living room is carpeted though, cause the cold, hard floor would be murder for me.

I then sat up to see Jade sleeping on the sofa behind me. Guess I was sleeping in between the sofa and the coffee table. I also wonder that, if those furniture weren't there, would Jade have snuggled up next to me? Probably? Hehe...

Also, I just noticed that I had a pillow and a blanket to sleep with, and I'm still wearing the same clothes yesterday. Jade too, she has a pillow and a blanket for herself and is still wearing her red dress. So, it's obvious to say that Jade woke up in the middle of the night, probably because she was cold or had to go to the bathroom?

Curious to know of the time, I grabbed my phone on the coffee table next to me. 8:47 AM. Oops~! Looks like somebody's late~!

Because Jade was still sleeping so peacefully, and even though I hate to disturb sleeping beauty's rest, I had to wake her up.

"Jade?" I start to shake her slowly awake, "Wake up sleepy head."

"Hmm?" she scrunches her face up, doesn't want to be awoken.

"Jade... It's four in the afternoon." I lie to wake her up, and it works. Jade bolts up, still looking haggard, but scatter-brained to grab the nearest clock, which was my phone, turned it on, and looked at the time. She then flopped back unto the sofa after confirming the time.

"Geez!  Don't scare me like that Chris! You nearly gave me a heart attack!"

"So, it's alright for you to be late in the morning?"

"It's alright, I already gave a head's up to Luke, Kelly, and Hazel two days ago that I probably won't be working in the morning today. And I won't. My head hurts a little though. What happened last night? The last thing I remember was eating the bonbons and then everything went fuzzy."

"Yeah... But what time did you wake up this morning? You could've woken me up too so we could sleep on the bed." I change the subject to avoid the bad route.

(***Flash-Back, and Jade tells the story too***)

Ugh... Why is it so cold? And why does my head ache?

I woke up because of the cold temperature, and attempt to pull the sheets to cover me, but realize that I was sleeping with my head resting on Chris' lap. We were still wearing the clothes from last night and we were still at the living room too with the lights still on.

Slowly and quietly, I got up to walk to the bedroom to grab two blankets and two pillows. When I came back, I also turned the heat up a little, so it wouldn't be so freezing. Chris was sleeping while sitting on the floor with his back against the sofa.

How can he sleep so peacefully like that?!

After setting the pillow, I slowly cradled Chris to gently lie on the carpeted floor and rested his head on the pillow. I guess he's dead-tired, cause he's usually the one to wake up when someone disturbs them even in the slightest. After setting him down properly, I spread the blanket to cover his entire body, aside from the head.

When things were in place, I went to turn off the lights and snuggle on the couch. Chris would'nt sleep properly if I slept beside him in such a narrow space.

(***Present Time***)

"I didn't even think about waking you up so we could sleep in bed. It completely slipped my mind! Haha!" Jade just laughs it off. But oh well, at least she took care of me while I was sleeping; and her story also explains why my neck aches a little.