Chapter 54: Special Cookies

(Some time two months ago...)

"Chris~!" I call out to my loving husband in the kitchen who is desperately trying his best at trying to make a healthy dessert for me to eat.

"Just a minute Jade~! It's almost done~." he sings out, making me giggle. I couldn't help his childishness and had to peak into the kitchen to see how things were, because he told me he wanted to surprise me.

I remember talking to him about it last night saying I was craving for some sweets like cookies, ice cream or cake, but I was afraid if it would affect the baby badly. Although I did say that I would do some research on it, he insisted that he do the research and surprise me with a deliciously healthy dessert just for me.

Entering the kitchen, I nearly wanted to faint. "Chris..." my voice hoarse like a zombie.

"Jade!" Chris exclaimed in shock, "I told you to wait in the living room." he says and laughs nervously.

I can't help getting him acting all tense now, because Chris knows I have a bit of OCD in me; and this kitchen, I don't know if its a kitchen at all. Seeing dirty pots and pans plastered on the table and in the sink, ladles here and there, batter practically on every table and island, things were hectic.

"You will be cleaning up when you finish, right?" I tell him with a menacing smile.

"Yes ma'am! Leave it all to me!" he salutes in a straight figure as he smiles at me nervously.

"Good." I snob in a tsundere-like way.

"And Jade?" Chris calls out and I face him with a 'yeah'. "The kitchen may look like this throughout the entire process, but believe me, what I made doesn't look like that at all. I made it with all my heart, so I'm hoping you'll enjoy it."

I release a happy sigh and say to Chris before retreating to the living room, "Alright. But clean up while you're waiting for it to bake."

"On it!" he beams and starts to gather up all used tools and utensils and heads for the sink. I, myself, head towards the couch to watch some TV.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"-de?"

Hm?

"Jade?" I hear someone calling out to me.

I then properly sat up and rubbed the sleep from my eyes, "I'm sorry Chris, I guess I fell asleep there." I say as he smiles at me and gives me a kiss on my forehead.

"It's alright babe! I already cleaned the kitchen, and the cookies just need a bit more time to cool off before you can take a bite out of one." he says, acting all chipper.

"So the kitchen looked like that for just a cookie?" I snickered.

"Just a cookie?!?!!"  he gasps, "I am offended! They are not 'just cookies'. No! They are Applesauce Oatmeal Raisin Cookies~! Perfectly delicious and perfectly healthy~!" he sounds so bubbly as he perks up with pride and satisfaction in his creation.

I snorted and teased him, "Well see after I taste them later on~!"

"I'll make you eat your words Jade~!" he laughs in a boastful manner, which just makes me giggle at how ridiculous we were both being right now, but I felt so at ease.

"Hey." I ask as Chris reaches out to get the remote control as the TV was apparently turned off while I was sleeping. "Have you thought about any names for our child yet?"

"Actually, I have some in mind. But one really captures me for the girl's CJ. I can only think about this name pairing so much."

"Hmm... Let's hear it. I have something in mind for the boy's MJ as well."