Chapter 8: Effin' Doctor

As he extended his hand out, I then calmed myself down a bit, but I was still smiling like a doofus. I then accepted his hand and shook it, "And I to you, Dr. Luke Ritter."

Luke laughed so much that his dimples started to show, "Stop with the formalities when we're together Jadey. It feels awkward that your calling me 'Dr. Ritter'." he quoted.

"Aww... But I was so over the mountain to call you that everyday now, Lucky!" I teased then shot him with questions, like, "When did you graduate? Were you sent a letter to work here? I haven't heard from you the last three years!"

"Whoah there!" he chuckled, "I graduated a year ago and was sent letters from various hospitals, but decided to take a year off to rest first since college was tiring. You took six years while I took eight and a half. So, it was mostly tiring for me, I procrastinated for an entire year."

Luke Ritter is one of my course mates in Harvard. He was taking the normal route to becoming an Epidemiologist, while I took the fastest way out. He's three years older than me and he's been a close friend to me ever since I started to advance my way in to third year.

We did almost every research together and he'd pair up with me in almost every event that I had to attend at school. He's like my older brother! And I'm delighted to be with him again!

And the nicknames; he's the one who started to call me 'Jadey' every time we talked, so I decided to call him 'Lukey' but then changed it to 'Lucky'. But shoot! I almost let it slip my mind! Luke also confessed to me on my fourth year of college!

This is not good...

I am really in a tight situation! I don't want to hide any secrets from Chris, but I also don't want him to worry so much that he'll end up in the hospital for it. I am really torn between my thoughts.

Lets just do this Jade: Don't tell a lie, but don't also say that Luke confessed to you. I mean, I could tell Chris, but I'm thinking of his health and I don't want to stress him out. I love Chris that it's too painful to keep this from him...

So, I think about another solution too. "Hey Lucky..."

"Yes Jadey?"

"Can we not call each other's nicknames at work, I mean it could become a misunderstanding to our co-workers..."

"Psh! We had no problem with it in college!"

"I know... But..." I was really troubled, I didn't know how to break it to him...

"Let me guess..." Luke says and I look at him, "You have a boyfriend that everybody knows about and don't want them to think you're two-timing on him?"

"Yeah... Something like that..." I shrug.

Well, I'd say he's too possessive that I worry for his health when he gets too jealous.

"Don't worry Jade, they won't even know." Luke smiles at me with his adorable little dimples. I don't know but, dimples on any man and woman catches my eyes. It's like they're hypnotic or something...

[Chris' P.O.V.]

"Quit shoving!"

"I wanna hear too!"

"Hey! Move it, will ya?!"

Hearing these three argue over trying to listen in on Jade's chat with this new doctor was a bit entertaining, but I had the urge to listen on in too, but held it in not to embarrass myself. "Guys, guys... Stop acting so childish." I snickered.