Chapter 32: Kelly's Place

I watched Jade drive off inside of that cab, and all the pain just came rushing out. I tried to hold them in, but the tears kept flowing. I didn't care if I was being looked at, or if people thought I was crazy. Nothing hurts more than seeing the one you love leave you with negative thoughts.

Jade... I'm so so sorry... I wanted you to know... But not like this...

I then pull myself together and walk back to the empty apartment. My shoes were thrown to the side and I headed over to the sofa to bury myself there in sadness.

Then my phone rang. I forgot I threw it on the sofa. It was a text from Stacey. It read: "I'm very sorry Chris! Did Jade find out?"

I had to answer her, or else she'd bother me the whole day. I replied: "Let's discuss things tomorrow. Just please don't disturb me for today, or else I'll cancel everything on you and look for someone else."

[Kelly's P.O.V.]

*Remedy by Little Boots playing in the background*

It's so nice to be able to have a day off and do whatever I want to do. Just relax and bake my favorite desserts while I dance to my favorite tunes in my little kitchen.

I then dip my finger into the mixture to taste if the flavor and texture is fine, and it turns out delicious~! "My puddings are ready~!" I sing as I stuff them into the fridge.

*ding dong... ding dong...*

Hmmm? Could that be the delivery guy perhaps?

Walking towards the door as I threw my apron on a chair, the door bell rang again. It honestly bugged me, "Yes yes! I'm coming!" I then peek through the peeping hole and saw Jade! Quickly and swiftly, I undid the locks and opened the door for Jade.

"Oh my God! Jade! Are you alright?!" I clicked my tongue, "You know what? Scratch that question and come in!" Jade's eyes were really red and a bit swollen. She was still even wiping away tiny droplets of tears that still show in her eyes.

"No, no, no. I'll take that bag for you." I say as she tries to bring her bag in herself. "Just make your way to my living room. You remember where it is right?" I ask and she nods. She's still sniffling quite a bit too. Just what happened today? Did she get into a fight with Chris?!

After placing Jade's bag in my bedroom, I then hurried to grab a glass of apple juice from the fridge to offer to Jade. When I did, I entered the living room and sat beside Jade on the couch and offered her the glass. Of course, she rejected it, but I just set it on the coffee table in front of her.

"Jade?" I start, "Would you care to tell me what happened?" Jade then faced the floor and bit her lip. She looked like she wanted to cry again. "You don't need to tell me if you don't want to." I reassure her, but then she faces me and her tears start to trickle down again as she grabs me in for a hug. Being her friend, I gladly lent her my shoulder to cry on.

"Chris..." she cried out, "Chris has *hic* been hiding *hic* secrets from me *hic*..."

Oh no... She found out already?

To soothe my hurt friend, I rubbed her back and did my best to cheer her up. Tearfully and slowly, Jade started to share what happened earlier this morning. About Chris lying to her, her confirming with Chris' manager, and receiving a call from Stacey, Chris' ex from when they were in college.

I mean, it's possible that most of Chris' ex's would try to win him over again if they still had feelings for him. But I believe that Chris is way more head-over-heels in love with Jade than to be so with another woman.

After Jade calmed down, I then showered her with words of encouragement and did my best to make her smile. I even let her taste test one of my home-made puddings, and it made me so delighted to see her eyes sparkle and her yell out 'delicious' as she took a bite out of my own constructed desert.

Jade's been to my house before, but I think this'll be the first time ever that she'll stay the night. I don't mind at all, rather, I'm so enthusiastic about letting her stay with me! Jade just feels as though she's my sister and I want her happy.

After eating lunch, which was Chinese take-out, we both cleaned out the kitchen and sat in the living room after to have some more girl talk.

"You wanna have someone else come over here to bond with us?" I inquire of her.

She slowly turns to look at me. I can see the sparkle in her eyes that she wants someone else over, but she shies in saying so, and mumbles out an, "I-It's o-okay..."

"Okay then~! What about Lucky?" I ask and Jade's eyes widened.

"Wh-wh-wh-who's L-l-lu-lu-lucky?!" gosh she sounds so nervous and looks so adorable!

"Isn't Lucky our good-looking doctor Luke Ritter?" I tease her.

"Wh-Why are you c-calling him L-L-Lucky?!" Jade was freaking out.

"It's not like I haven't noticed anything." I giggle. "But don't worry, I'm the only one who seems to have noticed it. Sometimes when I eavesdrop on your conversation with each other, I hear you guys calling each other by nicknames."

"Oh no... We were found out..." she sobs. "Please don't tell anyone."

"Relax! I never planned to do so anyways~!" I reassure her. Then, because I was intrigued, I asked, "What are you to Luke?"

Jade then began to tell me her side of the story back to when they knew each other from college, him confessing to her and still trying to win her over, but she makes it clear to me that she loves Chris very much. But the situation she's in with Chris now is worrying her too much and making her have negative thoughts. Chris that idiot!

I laugh at the end of Jade's story, while throwing a bunch of teases at her. "So, still wanna invite Lucky over or not?"

"Hearing you call him Lucky is a bit embarrassing for me. And no, I don't want him over. I'm okay with just the two of us instead..." she's bashful about it.

"Haha! Alrighty then~!"

Chris... I hope you fix things with Jade soon, cause if you even think about hurting her further, you're going to see a world of pain from me. Not just me, but I bet our other friends think so too, especially Luke...

____________________________

Hey Guys!!!

I know you guys are having lots of questions about the situation Chade is in now... And also I keep reading all your comments and I couldn't stop grinning from ear to ear for all your ideas! XD

The Christmas party's in two days~! What'll happen until then? ^^

Thank you and Please continue to Support + Share + Vote + Comment on #TPaTNWCT~! :D

Don't keep quiet and share your thoughts~! :3

~Kurisu-chan ;*