Chapter 9: Pillow Defense

Reaching home, I try to start the conversation, "So... Jade?"

When she places her things down, she turns to me with a cocky look and I just stare at her like she knows what I'm already thinking, "Chris... You're gonna ask me about Luke, aren't you?"

She got me...

I bow my head and scratch it as she exactly knew what I was thinking about. I then look back at her with a tinge of embarrassment in my eyes and shrug as I mumble out my words, "W-Well... Yeah...?"

Jade just giggled at me and we sat down in the living room so she'd tell me their story...

"Luke Ritter, we first met when I just entered third year in college with a bunch of advance courses. We were both taking up the same majors, and eventually became classmates in every subject. We also became partners in experiments and projects most of the time. Luke was also my best guy friend there who helped me out a lot.

We soon treated each other like family. He felt like a brother, and I, his sister. But don't worry, you'll always be my nii-chan Chris." she smiled at me, causing me to blush a little from her sweet words. She then continued on, "We didn't call each other by any pet names, like we did Chris, but he'd call me whatever he felt like. I just scolded him for it when I disliked it."

What if he called you other pet names that you were okay with?

"Me and Luke also shared most of our lives with each other. But, I had to graduate earlier than him. Luke just graduated last year. Also, I've shared stories about how much of an annoying perv you were, and yet you were always the kind and caring nii-chan which I loved so much. So, he already knew who you were without even meeting you yet."

After Jade had explained the facts to me, I still couldn't get the heavy feeling off my chest. But because she had already told Luke about me, and that she valued me, I can be just a teeny bit relieved that he has no chance of stealing Jade from me. Or so I hope.

There are tons of pretty girls in the world, but what makes Jade the most beautiful is because of her personality. She's so adorable and so forgiving that I could compare her to a little kitten!

"Thanks for telling me about Luke, Jade. I really appreciate it." I say to her and she gives me a weak smile. "Hey now? What's with that small smile?" I tease and her cheeks flush into a dark-ish pink color.

"It's nothing Chris. Don't mind me!" she waves her hands.

I then stand up to face her while she's still sitting on the sofa. "How could I not mind you?" I say as I put her in between my arms as she can no longer back away from where she's sitting.

"Chris..." she pouts.

"Awe baby... Can't I have a little fun?" I say as I go for her buttons to undo them, but she slaps my hands away like a pesky fly.

"No you cannot! You pervert!"

"Let's play cards~! The loser has to strip~!!!" I state randomly.

"Eww! No Chris!" she says as she struggles through my hands which are gripping on her wrists.

"Oww 'kaayyy..." I say as I slump unto the sofa and lie my head on Jade's lap.

Jade then starts to fiddle with my hair and I poke her stomach, causing her to twitch. She's still so sensitive, makes me wanna tease her body more! If you know what I mean? Haha!

"Jade..."

"Hmm?"

"I love you."

"Pfft!" she starts to laugh, "Where did that come from?"

"Ouch! You really know how to hurt me, don't you?" I sulk.

Jade then squishes my face and kisses me on the forehead, "I'm sorry... I love you too Chris..." she says with a tender smile, and I couldn't help but reel her in. Right now just felt like we were pulled out from a shoujo manga, and I could almost see sparkles and flowers around Jade. I then grabbed her slowly by her back neck and gently reeled her face towards mine until our lips met.

I can't be satisfied with just kisses, but they'll do for now. I respect Jade, and I don't want her turning her heels from me to go to that jerk, Luke.

"We should sleep now Chris, it's almost midnight..." Jade says but I keep my eyes on her, tracing her entire face with my eyes. "Chris?" she calls out, but I pretend not to notice her. "Hey dodo-brained-pervert from Dream Land? You there?"

"Pfft!" I had to laugh out loud, "That was such a way to call me out, you nerdy-loner from Study Planet!"

"Hey!" she whined.

"You started it!"

We then went to pinching each other's noses until they turned red, and also, until Jade's sinus came back too. Whenever her nose is bothered, her sinus pops up. And because of it, she scolds me for it by giving me a good hard slap on the arm.

Jade really doesn't want her sinus disturbing her sleep, and I helped her make it run.

She walks away, leaving me by the couch with a stinging pain I feel in my left arm. Jade usually goes to the bathroom when she wants to fix herself up.

After we both got into bed, Jade's nose is a little better; and as I peek at her to see if she's okay, she suddenly blushes and playfully pushes me away as she has difficulty in hiding her smile.

Tch! Her forcing herself not to smile is so sexy, it makes me wanna kiss those small, trembling, soft, pink lips of hers.

"You better not be seducing me right now Jade, because it's working..." I chuckle at her and her eyes widened in shock and she hits me with a pillow. Well, continuously hits me with a pillow...

"I am not! You conceited perv! Stop it! We're going to sleep!" she whines out desperately, making me laugh at her childishness.

"Okay, okay. I get it!" I say and she finally stops, and I see she still has her cute pouting lips on. "Goodnight Jade, I love you." I give her a little peck on her forehead and she is still blushing.

"G-Goodnight Chris... I love you too..." she says shyly and hides herself under the covers, and I follow her and hug her from behind as she had her back turned from me. She still twitches from being hugged, but then held my arm. This always made her comfortable when I'd hug her this way in bed.

See you in my dreams Jade...

______________________________

Hey Guys!!!

How was chapter 9? X3 hehehe... ^_^

Thanks and Please continue to Support + Share + Vote + Comment on #TPaTNWCT~! :D

Don't be quiet and share your thoughts~! :3

~Kurisu-chan :*