Chapter 19: Disturbed

I woke up this morning to see Jade cuddled up to my chest. I feel relaxed and so blessed to wake up to this again. But as I glance over to the clock, I jolt a little from noticing that it was already a quarter past ten in the morning.

"Jade... Jade?" I shake her up, "It's almost eleven, you missed your morning work."

"Huh?" she sounds groggy and nuzzles her face into my chest, "Don't worry over it. I decided to skip work for today to be with you!" she says with her cute voice when she just wakes up. Her words make me flush in embarrassment though, and the fact that she just cuddled up to me was really making me feel all warm and fuzzy. Is this what it's like to feel butterflies?

Not knowing what to say as a comeback, I just let out an 'oh' and wrapped my arms around her body and immerse in the moment. I couldn't help it either, so I just gave her a deep kiss on the forehead.

Nothing can ruin this moment...

Moments later, Jade's phone rang. I just jinxed us. "Jade? Can you hear your phone ringing?" I chuckle at her still sticking close to me.

"Leave it. I'm not in the mood for other people today." she says with her eyes still closed, like she's sleep-talking.

"Not in the mood for other people today, eh?" I smirk, "So... You are  in the mood for me?"

Jade then flinches from my words, and slowly opens her eyes to pout at me, "Somehow that didn't come out in the right way?"

"Oh, you were doing that on purpose!" the ringing finally stops, "Now that we're undisturbed, can I have a little fun with you?" I tease.

"Chris." Jade warns me with a pout, and I kiss her on the nose.

"But princess! Your pouty lips are so irresistible right now~!" the moment I point that out, Jade flushes into a bright pink color and shields her lips with her hands for me not to kiss them. "That won't work." I lick my lips then quickly give her a peck on the tip of her nose.

As I take away her hands and slowly come in to kiss her, her phone rings again, killing the mood. Pissed off, I yell, "Who the h*ll is so annoying today?!" Jade then calls me, noting me for my cursing, and I had to retort, "What?! They started it!" and she just giggles at me, which makes me laugh at myself too.

The call then ended as I was about to grab it, but it soon rang again. Without looking at the caller I.D. and not taking into account that this was Jade's phone, I answered the call, "WHAT?!?!!"

"Chris?!" the caller exclaims, "That's a very rude thing to do after you ignored my first two calls! Besides! This is Jade's cell!"

This voice!

"S-Sam?!" I exclaim, and Jade's eyes widened in shock.

"In the flesh baby~! Well, not really, cause I'm not in front of you."

"Hey! Don't forget us too!" I had to press the loud-speaker button so Jade can join in the call too.

"Mae?! Who else is there?!!" she sounded really excited.

"Jadey~! So nice to hear from you again after so long! Isaac and Victor are here as well."

"What about Jennifer and Laurence?" I ask.

"Laurence didn't want to be absent from school, he's a teacher in Texas. And Jenny and her husband are over at Guam because of an invite by a business partner." answers Samantha.

"Oh... That's a bummer." I quote, then ask, "Where are you guys?! What are you all doing together?!!"

"Hey dude!" chimes in Isaac, "We're actually in LA right now! Where do you wanna meet?"