Chapter 37: Fancy Dinner

"C'mmon Jade! Hurry up and try this one on!!!" Kelly gets all jumpy making me wear a fourth pair of clothes.

"What's the point in even looking good when's he's gonna break the bad news to me anyway?" I pause and sulk away. "What? I have to look good for a breakup?"

"No no no! Its nothing like that! You're gonna look super cute so that Chris will realize what he's missing and he'll realize that he was stupid for going back to Stacey!" Kelly really sounds supportive and positive on my behalf. I am really thankful to have a friend like her. Kind of reminds me of Mae back in high school...

I showed Kelly Chris' texts for me from last night and this morning. That's why she's helping me out a lot. Chris also texted me this morning telling me where and when we'll talk. He even chose a fancy restaurant.

Scheduled meeting time + Fancy meeting place + Looking nice + Memorable event = Tragic breakup.

I've seen to much drama movies and series to know where this is going. Or it could all just be in my head. I hope it's all just in my head? Darn... Now I feel like crying again...

I'll be meeting with Chris later at 6 at the restaurant, but Kelly started pretty-ing me up since three o'clock! Kelly just says that whatever happens, I should look pretty and proud.

Hours later as it was nearing six, the doorbell rang. "I'll get it Jade... Don't worry and finish up." Kelly gives me a warm smile as she walks out of the room to answer the door.

That's probably Luke, to help bring me to the place...

I do the finishing touches on my hair as I just place a ribbon clip on the side while I let my wavy brown hair flow down my shoulders. I was just even wearing a simple pink dress for the occasion. I had to argue a lot with Kelly before she finally agreed to me wearing something so simple to her. But to me, simplicity is the best...

Luke knocked on the door once, "Hey." He greeted me as the door was already opened to begin with and walked inside. Luke seemed a bit gloomy today, and not much like himself.

"Hey Luke. You alright there?" I ask as I was concerned that he was worrying about something.

"Yeah! What made you say that?" he seemed confused at my question.

"Oh I dunno... It's just... You... You seem rather down today. Did something happen? You know I'm always here for you, right?"

"Yeah... Thanks for the reassuring words Jade. But I'm alright, just a bit worried about the results today is all..."

"Awww... Its all going to be alright Luke. Whatever's bothering you, I hope it all turns well."

"Thanks again Jadey."

"No problem Lucky."

We then heard a knock on the door as we saw Kelly pop out from the corner, "You guys ready? We don't want to be late."

"Yeah..." I speak out, but as soon I try to stand up, my legs wobble like a new born fawn trying to walk and I fall to the carpeted floor. Luke and Kelly freaked out from my actions and asked if I really was okay. "I'm alright guys. Just a bit weak in the knees from being really nervous."

"You sure? You don't have to force yourself you know..."

"I'm fine..."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Arriving at the restaurant, my eyes sparkled as soon as I laid my eyes on the place. The inside of the so-called-restaurant was so mind blowing that I just noticed that my jaw was hanging down. I knew I heard this place was fancy-shmancy, but I didn't know it was THIS incredible!!! Now I really feel like crying my heart out.