Chapter 5: Belongs To Me

I arrived home later in the evening, around half past twelve, to see an empty bedroom. 'Is Chris in his music room?' I thought and went to take a peek, and he was. Awake even! Just staring at the ceiling.

"Awe... Poor baby..." I mumbled by myself before knocking on the door and entering his room.

He was startled, but he came back to his senses and faced me, "Jade! You're back!"

"Why aren't you asleep yet? It's almost one in the morning!" I worry over him.

His eyes then widened in shock as he averts his eyes from mine to grab his phone and switches it on to look at the time, 12:42 AM. "Whoah! It was this late already?!" he laughed at himself for not noticing.

"What time did you think it was?" I snickered at him being oblivious to the late hours of the night.

"Well, I did sleep for quite a while after lunch and then came to compose music, but somehow, I was taken aback by the quiet room, and kinda daydreamed for a bit, not knowing that so much time passed by..."

"Pfft!" I let out and Chris looks at me with confusion, "Were you telling a story Chris?"

He then calmed down and tousled his own hair, "Yep~! I guess I was, wasn't I?" He then grabbed on to me to sit in between his legs on the sofa as he wrapped his arms around me and laid his chin on my shoulder. "You smell like a hospital!" he commented.

"Considering I work there, yeah..." I don't know, but I just let him hug me, and I hold the firm arms around my waist as I lay my head on his, "Chris?" I wanted to ask.

"Let me stay like this for a while please? I wanna recharge..." he asks in a low, kind voice.

"Sure..." I approve, as I then thought about the news at work today. I don't like keeping things from Chris, because he's the jealous and possessive type, so he might immediately get mad if I don't tell him. Sure, he might get mad if I tell him too, but not telling him would be worse.

"Chris?" I start, and he hums to say that he's listening, "There's this news I heard from work when I attended today..."

"Really? What is it about?"

"There's going to be a new doctor hired in CS next week, and he's an Epidemiologist just like me, so they say he's going to be my work partner starting next week."

"Isn't that great! You finally have someone to help you with work." he says as he gets more comfortable while embracing me. I was kinda shocked that he didn't react the way I thought. But not a moment later, he twitched and pushes me away to turn me around to face him.

With a tight grip on both of my arms and a serious stare, he seemed rather worried. And there I understood that he had a 'late reaction'. He asked me, "Wait! Did you just say he?"

"Y-Yes... They said my new partner was a male..."

"Aww sh*t!" he curses to the side.

"Chris!" I warn him.

"Oops!" he says as he places a hand on his lips, and apologizes, and I forgive him while I pinched his nose. After that, he suddenly hugs me tightly and whispers into my ear, "Please don't make me jealous..."

I smile at his words, and gently push him aside to face him as I answer as honestly as I can, "How could I avert my eyes from the guy who's made me the happiest girl on earth for the years we've been together?"

"Jade..." he stares at me with much passion.

"Chris... You are my first and last boyfriend, and I cherish and love you very much!"

"Even though you weren't my first, but you're my last girlfriend, and I wish to have you as my future wife. I will cherish you and love you more." he says as we then stare into each other's eyes and his lips soon met mine and we shared a passionate kiss.

As we break away, Chris smiles at me, "Shall we head over to bed?"

"Yeah... We should get some sleep..." I smile at him too. But suddenly, he face palms. It confused me, and I thought that maybe I misunderstood, so I thought about it again.

He then peeked over at me with a playful smirk and I just understand what he was trying to mean and I bolt up and punched him on the shoulder, "You pervert! You know that I'm not ready for that yet!"

"Really? I didn't say anything... I didn't know you had a dirty mind Jade? Bad girl~!" he teased.

I clicked my tongue, "You started it!" I whined and he just laughs at me.

"Yes yes..." he stands up, and as I turned around to walk out of the music room, Chris grabs my butt and I give out a little 'eek', reacting, but trying my best not to disturb the neighbors. "What a cute little butt my darling Jade has~!"

I was far away from him as I gave him a glare, "Stop being a perv so late in the night!"

"But it's usually late in the night that couples get all pervy, remember?" he wiggles his brows, causing me to blush even more. "You are such a perv Jade!" he teases me again.

"Whose fault do you think it is?!" I retort, but keeping a low voice so that we won't be reported for being noisy. Chris just laughs at me, and we both go into the bedroom to change into our jammies and prepare for bed.

[Chris' P.O.V.]

As we both get into bed, I  give Jade a goodnight peck on the lips, and she shyly kisses me back. We then say goodnight to each other, then both of us get into bed and drift off to sleep.

But somehow, minutes passed by and I still don't feel sleepy. I slowly open my eyes to stare at Jade's flowing hair on the pillow and wanted to touch it, but was startled when I saw her head slowly moving. So, I had my eyes shut tight and pretend to be asleep.

It seems like she was then re-positioning herself, as the bed was shaking a bit and the sheets were rustling about. It was then that I felt Jade snuggle up to my chest.

I wonder if she does this every night when she thinks I'm asleep?

I couldn't keep it in, so I wrap an arm around her and pull her close as if by intuition. Jade twitches and squirms a little from embarrassment, but it's like she doesn't know that I'm awake. I then feel her face temperature gradually go up. Ah... She's blushing...

I just smile at Jade being this adorable without her knowing I'm conscious of her actions. Makes me wanna tease her more, but I'll hold back.

The thought about a new male doctor to be partnered up with Jade next week still makes me furious, but after hearing her confession and this right now, makes me trust her with all my heart. I've never doubted her though, but what worries me is the new guy.

Jade belongs to me, and me alone!

_______________________

Hey Guys~!

Chris isn't the Mystery doctor. He gave up on Med School, remember? Hehehe... :3 Anyways, stay updated and learn who this mystery doctor is~! ^_^

Thank you and please continue to Support + Share + Vote + Comment on #TPaTNWCT :D

Don't keep quiet and share your thoughts~ :3

~Kurisu-chan :*