Chapter 104

|Monaé's P.O.V|

|Location: Monique's Grave|

"-me and pac engaged now...even though you probably know..." I sniffle, feeling my eyes water as I pulled my knees to my chest, sitting beside moniques grave. I still can't believe she's gone...last year was crazy.

"...And I know you would be the peace maker for when me Dejá an Sandra start beefin over the planning, if you was still here..." I chuckle, but my smile soon faded feeling the all too familiar lump in my throat. Coming to terms with this shit is still impossible.

"...I miss you" my voice cracked as I bit my tongue, looking up into the sky to avoid my tears from spilling.

"And I know not a day goes by that you ain't being all nosey up in my busyness..." I chuckle through through my tears, wiping them away.

"You know.."I started but took a pause to ponder.

"You and kadafi would've been cute for each other..." I chuckled, knowing her reaction would've been to nudge me, blush and then say 'nooo'.
But the fact I was sitting her and all I got back was silence...i couldn't take it.

"Just coz I can't visit that often anymore just know that I love you so much girl...and don't ever think I don't"

"Even though I know you always wid me...And I know you protecting me, you a angel fo real now huh?" I let out, quickly getting myself together by wiping my tears away. I quickly wiped my hands on my khaki pants getting up off the floor. placing some flowers and a picture of me her, Darnell, Caine and dejá...one of our best pictures together.

This might sound stupid, but I put it there so she wouldn't feel alone...

*

*

*

"Mini golf?!" I exclaimed at Darnell in surprise, fuck this nigga talkin bout going to mini golf for the date?!.

"Yeh..."

"Nigga...we from dah hood! Ain't nobody know shit about mini golf! The closest thing I've got to mini golf if when I got a golf-club in the riots in 89 !" I exclaimed, I guess mini golf was the rich white kids idea of fun coz they had the opportunity of going, but with us? We gank, do GTA and smoke that loud for fun.

"The professor daughter wanna go there ight...anyway it should turn out goo-" Darnell got cut off by my phone ringing, ughhh who dis now.

"Hold up D" I quickly wave off Darnell as he sipped his eight ball. Pressing the brick phone to my ear.

"Yo?" I answer, recognising the number .

"Naé It's shaheed...uh" he started, taking a pause towards the end in an awkward voice.

"Lemme guess...you cancelling on me huh?" I sighed, knowing by his tone of voice.

"Look I'm sorry ...something important came up, I ain't mean to let you down like dat" he said in an apologetic tone making me sigh in acceptance. I just didn't wanna be fifth wheeling out here...but fuck it, I'll just annoy the fuck outta Deja so we can leave early.