Chapter 73

|Tupacs P.O.V|

"Ou! Keep this on baby" I exclaim to jada as she stopped flicking through the channels, it was Monaé again...damn, even though she ain't genuinely smiling an shit, she still beautiful as hell...I shouldn't be thinking this shit, I got a new baby.

"Ight baby" she said turning the volume up a little.

"I really do love her music an creativity...but she crazy as shit!, psycho chick fo real " jada stated casually as we cuddled on my king size bed, I sighed at her words not sure what to say...I guess she does come across like that if you don't know her...but she never came across like that to me?, she's just a strong women...strong women mostly intimidate people but not me,
Monaé don't look dangerous tho... it ain't even like she butch or built like a dude so I don't get what jada tryina say... but one thing is for sure, Monaé don't play that girly shit.

"I was hella shocked she could write poetry too..." jada added before I could say anything to her previous comment, she always pickin at Monaé...probably coz she know me and Monaé was serious, jada knew how hurt I was when Monaé got sentenced...I couldn't even have jada as my girl for a while, but...she helped me detach myself from Monaé, even tho monaé probably hates my ass...she didn't even reply to my letters in the first place..
I know jada ain't Monaé. But she so good to me, she helped me heal a bit you know?.

"Why?" I asked jada as I looked over at the TV seeing Monaé's sweet face. It's weird that I haven't seen her in person for almost a year...fuck man.

"She talk and function like a dude number one...and two, she just don't look...smart?.Enoouugh.." jada talked more slowly toward the end realising it sounded rude as hell.

"She ain't even like that when you know her jada...she's a real lady...she shy... kind... funny...carin-" jada cut me off, making me realise what I was saying...where the fuck did all that come from man .

"Ight pac...jus watch the TV" she sighed, turning it up. Still laying on me, I sigh and look at the tv.

"-But surely the police aren't that bad?" The interviewer asked Monaé who was sat at a table in a jump suit...she looks sad fo real. I spoke to Dejá a couple months back...what happened to Monique was so fucked up..and I wasn't their to comfort Monaé.

"Naw naw..they are, I get harassed and assaulted by the cops all the time, Atleast five times a week! And that can happen one to three times a day!...I Dont even have to do nothin!, Just coz they judge me by my appearance and my friends appearance's they think they can do that" Monaé stated, it felt weird that I was cuddled up with Jada watching this interview.
Damn I ain't gon lie...Monaé looked broken...somethin about her with gone, like her spark was gone.

"What do you mean by assault you?" The man asks, I jump a bit when I feel jada snuggle into my chest unexpectedly.

"Baby? Why are you so tense?" She mumbled making me calm down, I took a deep breath and wrapped my arms around jada, planting a kiss on her head.

"I'm coo baby" I say, looking back at the TV that was at the end of my bed.

"They told me before doing this interview to watch my language but hell naw, these fuckin cops be pressin they dicks against my ass when they searching me! They grab my titties! Shit one even tried to rape me!. Discriminating me twice over coz I'm black and I'm a women! " She ranted making me feel slightly angered at the situation, the fuck.