Chapter 15

June 12th 1992

|Monaé's P.O.V|

"-you can't be fuckin with kadafi nomo...or atleast choose out of him and Darnell Coz this shit ain't right" I tell Déja who had just recovered from crying.

"I feel so bad...Monaé what am I gon do, I love Darnell I really do..I can't believe I did this to him" she ran her fingers through her hair and sobbed.

"You need to tell him. And tell kadafi you done with him" I tell her straight.

"How I'm gon tell him Monaé?! Huh?! He just found out his bestfriend is dead?!...and its not even like me and kadafi are a thing" she cried, I sigh in understanding.

"You right...but you need to fix your shit somehow, he needs you Déja and you haven't even called him or nothin...it shouldn't take for his friend to die for you to feel bad all of a sudden" I don't hold back, I feel bad Coz Darnell was my homeboy from the jump, he don't deserve all this.

"I know I know....I'm gonna go back to long beach...fix things with Darnell, comfort him until the funeral...then tell em about me cheatin. And check on Monique" she shrugged, already lookin drained.

"Good idea, when you plannin on leavin?" I tip my head. This gon break his heart when he find out.

"Tomorrow mornin..." She sighs, I nod in understanding.

"I'll get your flight booked...and can you please call Darnell!" I say walking into my room and dialling my manegers number to request a ticket for Déja to be booked.

Damn, we only been out the hood for what a week?...shits already fucked, now imma be here by my damn self!, two more weeks to go.

*

*

*

June 13th 1992: 9am

|Monaé's P.O.V|

"Send my love to the homies..and keep them bitches in check" I give Déja a tight hug outside of the car that was awaiting her. I ain't gon lie I'm sad she's leavin, but she'll come back.

"You already know I do, keep me updated bout you and baldie" she ruffled my hair.

"Shut yo ass up...sucka" i say, she hops into the car and kisses her teeth.

"Don't make me buss yo ass infront of everyone" she laughed, almost lookin as if she was bouta cry.

"Ay you not cryin? Gurllll, you gon make me cry" I sigh smiling at her.

"I know I ain't gonna be gone for long but...I'm just gon miss you thas all" she admits. I smile holding the car door open.

"Toughen yourself up man! You a street bitch...Imma miss you too okay?" I try and make a joke, she laughs and sniffles holding it all back. I give her one last hug before shutting the door and steppin back.

"Bye!" I wave as the car began to drive away, I put my hand up to block the sunlight from my eyes and watch the car disappear in the distance.