Chapter 39

(I am passing through a lot of time. It's getting closer to being a year since Tori began working with BTS. Okay)

It had been a while now since the tour. BTS was back to work preparing and almost finishing new songs, and practicing hard like always. It was almost time for them to make their next comeback.

Once Tori got to work, she smiled at everyone when she walked through the door but made a funny face a Jimin to make him smile. She was told a few days ago that she was having a meeting today with PD-nim and some other important staff but she came to practice just to see what was going on.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow" she said walking out of the practice room but turned back and blew a kiss to Jimin making sure no one saw it.

He put a hand on his face but he was smiling, probably thinking why he's dating such a cute idiot.

Tori got to the meeting and greeted everyone as they entered the room.

"Hello Tori" PD-nim said entering the room. He seemed quite happy today.

Tori just smiled in response. When he entered the room she started feeling nervous for some unknown reason.

"So you're probably wondering why you're here today with all of us" he said. Tori nodded.

"Well in a week it will mark a year that you have been working with BTS as an assistant choreographer" a lady said. "And we just want to go over some questions about your position in the company, like a job review."

"Okay" Tori said with a smile.

"Firstly I wanted to talk to you about your relationships with the BTS members."

Tori gulped, "Sure..."

"We want to just clear up things from the tour because some rumours are still circling the internet" a staff member said.

Tori nodded, they then proceeded to ask about each member starting from Jin. Tori was able to answer honestly and comfortably, until they finally ask; "Explain to us your relationship with Jimin."

"Well um... Jimin and I seemed to get along well from the start. We like similar things and are able to talk very freely with each other" Tori explain, picking her words carefully.

"Do you and Jimin hang out together outside of the company?"

"Ah... maybe occasionally, like to dance after hours but we haven't in a while" Tori said feeling her hands getting sweaty.

"Has either of you tried to be intermit with the other?"

Tori was shock by the question. 'Do they somehow know and they just want me to crack?' she thought while trying to think of how to answer.

"We're just asking because the rumours were around you and Jimin. We just want to clarify that there is absolutely nothing going on between you" PD-nim explained.

"No... neither of us have ever tried to be intermit. We are just good friends" Tori said trying to stay calm.

"That's good since it is against your job to do so" PD-nim said.

They continued to ask questions about her job for a while. Whenever they asked about Jimin, Tori had to make sure she picked her words carefully to make sure it didn't sound like more was happening between them.

"We're almost done just one more thing" a lady said and smiled.

"Well we are all impressed with the hard work and effort you have put into helping BTS with choreography and even doing a duet on their tour, and we are want to offer you a promotion to be a full choreographer for Big Hit." PD-nim said.

Tori was shocked at the news. That will be her second promotion within 2 years of working at Big Hit. "Thank you so much" she finally said.

"You're welcome" PD-nim said with a smile. "So you'll be working with trainees and hopefully a new rookie group. So we'll give you a couple days to think about it but we want you to start by next week."

Tori nodded and continued to smile but was disappointed to hear she wouldn't be working with BTS anymore.

---

It was after hours and Tori stayed back. She wanted to remember the solo's she created but it had been so long since she had practiced them that they were really messy.

"I thought you were a good dancer" Jimin said sarcastically from behind her.

"Oh I am, it's you I'm worried about" Tori said back turning to face him.

"How was your meeting?" Jimin asked moving closer to her.

"Fine" she said and turned away from him.

"Is that it?"

Tori nodded her head, "I just want to dance right now."

She didn't know what to do about the promotion. She wanted to be a proper choreographer but she wanted to keep working with BTS.

---

Jimin walked home with Tori and was invited in with her even though he was going to stay the night anyway.

Jimin was talking some nonsense as they walked through the apartment to her room and once they entered Tori laid down on her bed.

Jimin stopped talking and a moment later asked, "Are you okay?"

He then came and laid next to her as they looked at each other. (Their both on their stomachs looking at each other, if you can picture that.)

Tori shook her head. She had to tell him but didn't know how he would react. Would he want her to take the promotion and not see him as often or not take it and stay as BTS's assistant choreographer?

"What's wrong?" Jimin asked moving some hair from her face.

Tori stayed quiet, contemplating if she should tell him or not.

"You can tell me anything Tori" Jimin said softly.

"Today in the meeting, I was offered a promotion."

"That's great, why didn't you tell me sooner?" Jimin said with a smile.

"Because if I take it... I won't be working with BTS anymore" Tori said and watched as Jimin's smile started to fade.

"Oh" was all that came out of his mouth.

"I don't know what to do... I want to stay with BTS. You guys are so much fun to work with and your music is amazing which makes it easy to make choreography for but I've always dreamed of being a proper choreographer." Tori explained, hoping Jimin would see both sides and understand the difficult decision.

"Tori" Jimin said.

"Mm" she hummed.

"Take it... it's your dream, don't let BTS or me stand in the way."