Chapter 26

Luke
There wasn't much to do in the small house. It's probably why we are just cuddling and enjoying the silence.

Any real conversation died off quickly, as we were content to just lie here in silence.

Michael was the one to break the silence this time, though I could tell right off that this conversation wasn't going to be brief.

"Did it hurt?" He asked Calum quietly.

Calum looked down at him and frowned. "What?"

"When you...changed. Did it hurt?" Calum's brows furrowed as his frown deepened.

"I can't remember."

Michael seemed to think he was lying as he sighed and nodded.

"It's all...hazy? I mean I can remember it happening sorta but it kinda just...it doesn't-I mean I remember it happening but I don't remember feeling anything. Although that could've been because he was controlling me with his weird ass powers or something, you know?" Me and Michael both stayed silent.

"I didn't make any sense just now did I?" He asked and that made me and Michael giggle.

"Why? Are you thinking about...changing as well?" Calum asked when our laughing died down.

I looked over at Michael in interest. Was he thinking about that kind of stuff again? I personally haven't really put much thought into it. I mean I wouldn't be opposed to it. It would be nice to be with the three of them forever.

"Yeah." Michael whispered. "I think...I think I want Ashton to change me, so I'm like you guys. I mean that's what I've been asking for this whole time, you know?"

"Right." Calum mumbled as he remembered, before all the craziness went down that, that was all Michael used to ask for.

It had seemed like a century ago that all that had happened, before all the craziness went down. I had almost forgotten myself.

That's when we hear the front door open and Calum jumps up, moving so he was in front of us before the bedroom door opened as well. Calum relaxed when he realized it was just Ashton.

But we all gasped as we saw the state he was in. His face was bruised and he was limping slightly. He had what looked like blood on him. Though it wasn't red, it was black.

"W-what? Are you okay?" I rushed to him and he just smiled.

"I took care of everything. I even found a place for us. I mean, not an exact place but a location. We can finally just leave." He avoided my question and I frowned.

"Where?" Calum asked. We all decided to ignore what he meant by 'took care of everything'. Because by the looks of it, we already knew just what 'everything' was.

"America." He said simply.

"America?" Michael asked and Ashton nodded excitedly.

"We could live in the human world, you know? And no one would look for us there. I found this place, and it's beautiful. It snows during winter and during fall the leaves change color. And not to mention its surrounded by mountains." Ashton seemed so excited I couldn't help but be excited myself. I had always wanted to go to America.

"Where?" I asked this time.

"It's this small state called Vermont. It's really beautiful, I think you guys will like it." When we all stayed silent he added, "Let's just give it a chance, yeah? And then if we don't like it there we can go somewhere else, anywhere you want."

"Okay." I muttered and Ashton smiled widely, then Michael nodded slowly, a smile growing on his face as he agreed.

"Yeah, alright."

We all turned to Calum and he rolled his eyes. "Obviously I'm going to agree, what are we waiting for?"

We all cheered and started moving around, collecting the only stuff we had left after the fire, leaving the stuff we didn't actually need or want.

"Ready?" Ashton asked when everything was set. We all nodded and were surprised to see a car waiting outside. It was a jeep, capable of driving on the forest floor.

It was just starting to get dark out, the moon peeking out from under the clouds, which surprised me. I hadn't realized we had wasted away the whole day in silence.

I took one good look around before getting in the car, it was going to be a long ride to the airport, or docks. I didn't know what we were taking. It seemed easier to take an airplane but from my experience in Ashton's world, nothing was easy.

I leaned my head on Calum's shoulder as he rubbed my back lightly. Michael and Ashton were in the front.

The soothing feeling was making me tired as I yawned and buried my face in Calum's neck.

"Get some sleep, we have all the time in the world." Calum whispered to me. I nodded and let myself close my eyes as the engine hummed to life.

We did, didn't we? We had all the time in the world.

I thought back to what Michael had said earlier. And yeah, it didn't sound bad or scary at all.

I wanted to spend all my time, for the rest of eternity with these three boys.

So yes, we did have all the time in the world and thanks to Ashton, I wasn't going to spend it alone.