Chapter 15

Ashton
A knock at the door interrupted me from interrogating Calum again. I didn't care if it had been a few days since the party and he didn't remember anything, supposedly. If he doesn't remember then that means that whoever did it brainwashed him of some sorts.

And that narrows down the list considerably. Only very few vampires can actually 'brainwash' someone and even fewer have supernatural powers. So really I guess I just had to go knocking down their doors until one of them confesses. Because there was no way in hell someone was going to hurt one of my boys and get away with it.

"This isn't over." I told Calum before answering the door. All I got from him was a mumble of, "I already told you I can't remember anything."

My mood didn't get any better when I saw who was on the other side of the door, in fact it just got worse.

"Sir, I'm afraid I have some bad news." One of my guards (John) say and I sigh, why couldn't it be good news for once?

"Whats happened this time?" I asked quietly, making sure to keep the door just opened enough so that Calum and the other boys couldn't see or hear what was going on. I didn't want them worrying, especially since it was bad news.

"I think it would be better to discuss this privately, sir." He said and looked to the door, I took the hint.

"I'll meet you in the library in 5?" He nodded and hurried on his way. I opened the door just slightly before turning to the boys who were all cuddled up on the bed, Calum in the middle.

"I have some things I have to do but I'll be back in a little bit. Please stay in here until I get back, I don't want anything else to happen to any of you." They all nodded and I let out a sigh of relief.

I made my way to the library where John was pacing back and forth. When he saw me he stopped but started biting his fingernails anxiously.

"I can already tell I'm not going to like this, whats happened?" I asked in a hushed voice. I assumed since he was acting like this, that we didn't want many people to know about it.

"There was a reason your boy got fed off of that night." He said quietly and I raised an eyebrow, my body stiffening.

"What do you mean?" I asked slowly and he shook his head.

"Some people aren't exactly satisfied with how much blood they're receiving." He said carefully and I only urged him to go on.

"And?" I asked, knowing there was more with the way he was acting.

"And they have resorted to taking it themselves. It's been going on for a while but they've just been keeping a low profile but they aren't exactly hiding it anymore. And I think that what happened at the party is just proof enough that we need to do something soon before it gets out of hand." I shook my head, trying to understand exactly what he was saying.

"What do you mean? Are you saying people are bringing humans inside to feed off them?" I ask incredulously.

"Yes and No." He said and let out a long breath.

"What else?" I asked and he bit his lip, moving from foot to foot.

"People are stealing and drinking blood illegally so they can have as much as they please. And you really aren't gonna like this, but its not only killing people inside the village, but outside as well, and they aren't even trying to hide it anymore."

It was silent after that, my mind was racing. I was definitely going to keep my boys on a tight leash. If someone touched them again I was going to go crazy.

"Do you know who?" He shook his head and I let out a heavy breath. "You don't know anyone who has done this?" I asked angrily and he paused.

"Well there is plenty of proof, and we may have one man in custody?" I shook my head.

"I want to talk to him, for now just keep him locked up." I said in a cold voice.

"Yes sir." He said and I quickly made my way back to the boys. I sighed in relief when I got there and saw that the boys were okay.

The only thing that didn't feel right was when I saw the look on Calum's face when I walked in the door, like he knew everything that I had just talked about and more.

He didn't smile when I asked if he was okay, and he didn't say anything when I asked if he remembered again.