Chapter 2

He's so cute^

Michael
"C-Calum?" I asked shyly.

"Yeah?" He asked but kept his eyes on the sky.

I pulled up some grass from under me then sighed and ran my fingers through his hair.

"D-do you...um...do you?" I couldn't get the sentence out and I cursed the butterflies in my stomach.

"It's okay Mikey, take your time." He said nicely and I sighed. I didn't want him to think I was creepy...or insane.

"Do you ever get this feeling?" I ask and try to find the right words. I guess I can't really back out now.

"Feeling?" He asks and I look down at him. He's now looking at me. His brown eyes gazing up at me from my lap. Why are his eyes so pretty?

"Do you ever get this feeling that...someone is mjdiwksn." I mumble and he scrunches his eyebrows together.

"I can't understand you when you mumble Mikey." He sits up and takes my hand, rubbing comforting circles on the back of my hand.

I took a deep breath and let it out, Calum just watched patiently while I prepared myself for the worst like I always do.

"Do you ever get the feeling that your being...you know...watched?" I ask and I see him freeze up and chuckle nervously.

"Why do you ask?" He says but I can see the nervous tap of his foot and the fear in his eyes. I let out a breath. He does get the same feelings as me.

It gives me a confidence boost that he's feeling the same. "Because lately it feels like someone's watching me but...I don't know...maybe I'm just imagining it."

Maybe I'm just desperate to have someone watch me. Maybe I just want someone to love me like the couples all around me.

"No. No. I actually..." he stops for a second, probably thinking about telling me the truth or making me feel better. The protective side of him wins over though as he pats my leg.

"It's probably nothing Mikey. Don't worry about it." I nod sadly. I hate that he thinks I don't know him well enough to know he's lying.

I also hate how he's been lately. "You know I love you, right Calum?" He got this weird look in his eyes but nodded and gave me a tight smile.

"I love you too Mikey."

"You can tell me anything Cal. No matter what and I'll always be here for you. Even if you murdered someone." He swallowed thickly and nodded.

"Yeah. But I'm tired so give me your lap." I giggled and he laid his head back in my lap. He closed his eyes and I ran my fingers through his hair. Soon enough he was snoring lightly.

I admired his features. He was so manly, so handsome.

I brushed the hair out of his eyes and leaned down to lightly kiss his forehead. He smiled in his sleep and turned over so his face was pressed to my stomach.

He wrapped his arms around me and squeezed tightly, causing me to giggle once again.

When I was with Calum everything just disappeared. I wasn't sad anymore.

I sat there just admiring him and playing with his hair when a chill ran down my spin.

I looked up but there was no one around.

I just went back to playing with Calum's hair and pretending nothing happened but I couldn't ignore it for long.

I looked up once more, expecting to see nothing but instead there was a man standing a few feet away from me.

My breath caught in my throat and I froze up in fear, my fingers halted their movements in Calum's hair.

The man looked like he was studying me. My heart started beating fast in my chest and I could see the man lick his lips.

My mind instantly went to the boy Calum was talking about earlier. How he thought he had been murdered and how I was not to leave Calum's sight until he found out for sure what happened.

I started to shiver and I gently shook Calum but the man narrowed his eyes at my hand. How could he see me from all the way over there?

The man started to make his way over and I whimpered.

"C-Calum." I whispered, while I shook him but he didn't budge.

"I'm not going to hurt you Michael. My names Ashton." The man said when he was only a few steps from my shaking frame.

"H-h-how do you know m-my name?" I squeaked.

"Your more beautiful than I thought." I gulped and my cheeks flamed. I'm sure I looked like a tomato.

"You look even cuter when you blush." He says with a dazzling smile. My breath catches for a second time but this time because he was absolutely gorgeous.

He looked like a model.

All the fear I had before seemed to seep away from my body, it literally felt like someone was sucking it away from me.

I felt like I was hypnotized by his eyes. He walked closer so he was right in front of me. He crouched down and caressed my cheek lightly.

I involuntarily leaned into his touch, causing him to smile again.

"I hope I'll see you soon." He said and got up.

"Y-your leaving?" I asked and he chuckled. You could practically hear the disappointment in my voice. It surprised me, I had just met this guy. Why did I want him to stay so desperately?

"Do you want me to stay?" He asked and I nodded silently.

"Sorry kitten, but I have something I need to do. I'll be back later." I frowned but my heart skipped a beat at the pet name.

He leaned forward till he was so close I could feel his breath on my face. He looked into my eyes and licked his lips before closing the distance between us.

My eyes fluttered shut as I had my first kiss with this beautiful stranger. It was gentle, like he was afraid to break me. It was more than I ever thought it would be, better than I imagined.

It tingles a little as he bites my bottom lip gently, then he cups my face and pulls away, only to let me take a breath before kissing me again.

It was over to soon and by the time I opened my eyes he was gone. I frowned, was that real?

I touched my lips lightly and could still faintly taste him as I ran my tongue over my bottom lip. Yeah, that definitely had to be real.

I smiled and giggled breathlessly. I ran my fingers through Calum's hair once more, surprised he had slept through the best moment of my life.

I couldn't wait to see Ashton again soon.

Some Malum and Mashton there.

What do you think about the kittens first kiss? Oops I meant Michael.

What about Malum's friendship?

Why do you think Ashton chose to meet Michael first, not the other two?

Stay lovely🌹

-Olivia