Chapter 13

Third Person
It was weird having a party in a giant castle. But the whole point was to show the three new additions to the royal family, if Ashton had anything to do about it. The boys expected an old medieval ball, though they weren't exactly sure why. They knew by now that the only medieval part about this whole place was the actual castle.

But they were pleasantly surprised, it was like any normal party they would've went to in their old lives (if they were ever invited to parties).

Ashton was bringing them around, introducing them to almost everyone. He wanted to show everyone that they were not to be messed with.

It was halfway through the party when Calum started acting weird. He was shifting from foot to foot uncomfortably and Ashton caught him rubbing his forehead.

"You okay?" Michael asked and Ashton listened in because he was wondering the same thing.

"Yeah, my head just feels weird." He mumbles back.

"Like a headache?" Michael whispered and Calum furrowed his eyebrows but nodded slowly.

"Kinda...yeah, like a headache." When Michael gave him a look he added. "I'm fine really, it will probably just go away in a bit." Ashton made sure to keep an eye on him but after a while he seemed to be doing just fine again.

But in the middle of talking to two people, one named Xavier and the other, John, Calum disappeared. Ashton went to say something to him, only to realize he wasn't standing next to him anymore.

"Calum?" Ashton called but got no response obviously, it was a huge castle full of people.

"Did you see him leave?" Ashton asked Michael and Luke quietly and they both shook their heads no.

Ashton bit his lip but nodded, making sure to hold onto the both of them so they couldn't wander off as well.

Ashton knew his fear was irrational, you couldn't kill a human inside these walls but they were in a building full of vampires and sometimes accidents happened.

He weaves through the crowd as best he could, being polite when someone started a chat with him. He would, as quickly as possible, tell them he had to go.

He searched all over and still couldn't find Calum, he was starting to freak out. What if he got hurt? What if someone tries to take advantage of him? Ashton was working himself up, when in reality Calum could've easily just gone to the bathroom or have gone to get some food or a drink.

He didn't know, but he already felt this strong need to protect all three of the boys from the world, even from his if he needed to.

He was sure he was overreacting but if something did happen, well he was going to kill whoever touched one of his boys.

"Wait I think...yeah it's Cal!" Luke suddenly yelled and pointed over to a corner where Calum was leaning against the wall. Ashton sighed in relief but it all went bad when he reached him.

Calum wasn't just leaning on the wall, he was using it for support. Sweat was beading on his forehead and he was pale. He was looking around in confusion and fear.

But what made Ashton snap was when Calum turned to look around and saw them. He ran to them and immediately engulfed them in a hug, very unlike him-not that he didn't show affection, because he did. But the fact that he did it because he was so scared. He was trembling and shaking.

And when he turned to look at Ashton, Ashton saw the two small hole markings on his neck.

Someone had been feeding off of him.