Chapter 18

Third Person
The day had started off normal, the boys woke up and Ashton was waiting for them in the dinning room with a huge breakfast made just for them.

And Ashton and Michael and Luke waited for Calum to wake up and come to breakfast but he didn't.

And 7:00 turned to 8:00, then 9:00 and 10:00. Ashton finally decided he would wake him up because he wanted to talk to him about what happened yesterday.

But when Ashton made it to his room, where all 4 of the boys had been sleeping for a while now, Calum wasn't there.

Ashton frowned and made his way back to the dinning room, thinking he had maybe passed Calum on the way there but was too lost in thought to notice.

Nope.

When Ashton got back, Luke and Michael were laughing and Luke put his food back on his plate when he noticed Ashton standing there.

"We weren't throwing-" Luke started worriedly but Ashton just shook his head.

"Did Calum come in here?" He asked and the boys both looked at each other but shook their heads no in confusion.

"No, why?" Michael asked and Ashton bit his lip, starting to pace back and forth a little.

"Was he still sleeping when you guys got up?" Ashton asked and they both nodded yes.

"I just let him sleep, he had a long night." Michael says and Ashton looks at him questioningly. "Nightmares. He was having nightmares all night. I could hear him murmuring in his sleep, but after I calmed him down he was fine."

"Why? Is he still sleeping?" Luke asked and Ashton shook his head no slowly.

"No, he's not in the room at all." Ashton muttered and his stomach started doing flips in worry. "Stay here." He murmurs and they both nod.

Luke gets up to sit next to Michael and hold his hand tightly as Ashton leaves to go and search the castle.

He finds a few guards, anyone he passes really he tells them to keep a look out for Calum. He had a really bad feeling and his gut was twisting in fear the longer he went without finding Calum until he had checked the whole castle and still came up empty.

Ashton quickly ran back to the dining room where Michael and Luke were sitting in worry, the food now forgotten.

"Did you find him?" They both asked almost instantly and Ashton shook his head no sadly.

"Let's go." Ashton mumbles and grabs their hands carefully.

He brings them back to the room but stops in his tracks. He was just in here, there was no way.

All three of the boys looked at the room with wide eyes. There was writing on the wall by the bed, only one word written in big letters. 'Mine'.

It was written in red and Ashton took a hesitant step forward to touch one of the words, his heart dropping and his throat closing up as he realized it was blood. And not just anyone's, it was Calum's.

"No." He whispered to himself but whipped around and pulled the boys back when there was a quiet gasp from the door.

Ashton watched with wide eyes as Calum stood there with a shy smile before it dropped and he took a step forward, tears in his eyes. He was paler then usual and Ashton held back on his instinct to start interrogating him on why the hell his blood was smeared on the wall and who did it and if he was okay.

Michael and Luke let out a breath of relief and went to run and hug him but Ashton held his arm out to stop them from advancing any further. They both gave him a confused glance but Ashton only hissed in complete anger.

"Don't go near him."

"Why?" Luke and Michael asked in a hushed voice. Ashton only shook his head slowly, moving to stand in front of them protectively. Luke and Michael gave him questioning looks, Calum would never hurt them.

"He's not human anymore." Ashton stated simply.

The only response they got from Calum was a smile that sent shivers down their spines.