Chapter 8

Ashton
All three of their eyes widened when they saw me. I just smirked, enjoying every second of this.

"Well come on, we have to go soon."

My skin was still tingling, trying to heal the burns from entering without being invited in.

"W-w-w-what...?" Luke try's to speak and I chuckle.

"What am I?" I ask in a deep voice and he nods his head. I smirk and drop my feet to the floor so I'm now walking like a human. "A vampire of course."

Michaels eyes glow with interest and fascination, which makes me quirk my head to the side. "Your all so interesting. I never understood humans but I still try."

"Where would we go?" Michael asks and I smile at how he isn't scared at all.

"To my place, my town where you'll be safe." I stroke his cheek gently and he nods.

"Michael..." Calum trails off and I turn to him.

"It's okay Calum. It will be better there. No one constantly down your back about every little thing you do." I look at Luke. "No one there to hurt you, I'll always be there to protect you." Then I look to Michael. "And all four of us will always be together, you'll never have to be lonely ever again." Michael looked even more convinced. Calum did as well. "I could finally protect you guys from the pain your in and give you all what you deserve. You'd all be treated like royalty there."

"B-but what about our parents?" Luke asks shyly and I smile.

"You can still see them. You just tell me and I'll bring you to them." I mumble.

"Won't they notice that we just suddenly disappeared?" Calum then asks.

"I already left them notes." I say calmly and Michael grabs my hand.

"I'm going." He says and stares into my eyes, I smile and hesitantly lean down and kiss him. Luke blushes, watching us.

"Yea I guess it doesn't sound to bad." He mumbles with a smile on his face. I smirk and pull him into a gentle kiss, still being careful.

We all look to Calum and he furrows his eyebrows. "I mean as long as I don't have to come back." He mumbles and I nod.

"If that's what you wish." I mumble and he nods then smirks, yanking me forward by my shirt and kissing me roughly.

I hold my breath at the sudden action but don't push away, only kiss him back.

"Let's go then." I say and they all nod.

I pull them out to my car that's waiting outside. I open the door for Michael, then Luke, they both sit in the back. Calum hit my hand when I try to open the door for him which makes me grit my teeth but I let it go.

When they were all buckled and I made sure they would be safe just in case we crashed, I started the long drive back home.

"Wait! What about our clothes and stuff?" Michael yelled suddenly and I shrug.

"I'll buy you new clothes, unless theirs something that's important that you need from your house?"

They all shake their heads and I nod. When I look in the rear view mirror I see Michael and Luke holding hands, which makes me smile.

"So what's your place like?" Calum asks, making the two in the back tune in to listen.

"Well...most of the people there are vampires. Very few born like me, most are bitten so they know what it's like to be human."

"Are there any humans there?" Luke asks and I nod my head.

"Some have partners that are human, like I now have with you three. But 98% of the time they end up being turned."

"What about the other 2%?" Michael asks and my knuckles tighten on the steering wheel.

"They die." I say coldly. I can hear Michael and Luke's heartbeats quicken in fear, but Calum's quickens in anger.

"Why?" Calum asks.

"Because the vampires get tired of them and they become...their next meal." I explain, all of them gasp and Michael starts to shake.

"Are you going to eat us?" He asks shakily and I shake my head quickly.

"No. Never. I don't condone that behavior, it's actually illegal to kill a human inside the walls of the town. They are punished, don't worry."

They all visibly relax. "So you were born a vampire?" Luke asks and I nod. "Then why create more vampires if you can just give birth to one."

"Because only vampires born as they are can have children. Vampires that were bitten can't conceive because they are frozen at the age they were bit at."

"Then vampires that are born, eventually die? Because they age?" Michael asks.

I shake my head. "They can but not by age. Vampires that are born stop aging at around 20. They can actually choose to stop their growth at a younger age if they want."

"So how old are you really?" Calum asks and I smile.

"I'm really 19." They all nod and it's silent for a while until Michael speaks up again.

"Do you like have jobs? Because you said earlier that the vampires that eat humans are punished. How are they punished?"

"We have a king and a queen and their son who will take the throne when he's ready. So I guess you could say we have jobs and the punishment for harming a human depends on what you've done. For example if you break their arm, then your arm must be broken."

"So if you kill one..." Luke mumbles.

"Then your executed." I finish.

"Then what do you guys eat?"

"Well we have outside help, we get a weekly supply from hospitals around the world who send in donated blood or we just leave the town to hunt. Most don't kill to feed but some do."

"Do you kill when you feed?" Calum asks and I shake my head. "Have you ever killed someone?"

I furrow my eyebrows and sigh. "Yes..." I answer reluctantly.

They all stay silent even longer than last time until Luke pipes up. "Is the king and queen okay with humans or are they the few who don't like them?"

I smile, "They love humans. The last king was actually a human who was bitten."

"Then how did they have the current king or queen?" Calum asks.

"I said vampires couldn't conceive if they were bitten, I didn't say that vampires bitten couldn't impregnate."

"Oh..."

"So what do you do? Like do you have schools and your a teacher or something?" Michael asks and I chuckle.

"It's just like a human town, just with a palace and instead of a president, you have royalty."

"Oh...so do you work at like a vampire hot topic or something?" Calum asks. I laugh.

"No. I don't work at a 'vampire hot topic'."

"Then where do you work?" Michael asks.

"At the moment? No where."

They all furrow their eyebrows. "So do you live in your parents basement and play video games all day?" Calum's asks and I chuckle at that.

"No...why would I live in a basement? I live in the palace of course."

Okay sooooo...what do you think????

Stay lovely🌹

-Olivia