Chapter 4

Michael
I felt Calum's grip tighten on my waist but I didn't really care. Ashton wouldn't hurt me.

I looked at the blonde next to him and vaguely remembered meeting him a few times. "Your L-Luke, right?" I asked shyly and he nodded, the biggest smile I've ever seen on his face. He looks like I just gave him the world.

"I'm Michael." I smiled and he nodded.

"I know. We have a few classes together and we live on the same block." I nodded. I didn't know that.

"Do you want to sit down?" I asked and he nodded eagerly, sitting down next to me. Calum kept his arm around me and when Ashton sat down in front of me, his grip tightened even more.

"Calum it's okay." I said quietly and he gave me a doubtful look.

"How did you two meet exactly?" He asks and I gulp. How do I say that I met him only a few hours ago, yet I for some reason trusted him completely.

"We met at the coffee shop. The one down the street from your house." I mumbled and he nodded.

"How old is he?" He whispered and I looked over to where he was now talking to Luke quietly.

"Our age?" I said but it came out like a question. He looked about 19, no older than 20.

Just as I said that, Ashton's lips turned up in his dazzling smile and I figured Luke must've said something funny. But then he looked up and made eye contact with me and I couldn't look away.

19

"19" I whispered and Calum looked down at me. "He's 19." I mumbled. Calum nodded his head but then I noticed how he stared off towards Luke.

He had this glint in his eyes and it made my heart skip a beat because he wasn't looking at me like that.

I would always be the lonely boy, wouldn't I? No one has ever shown interest in me and no one ever will.

I bite my lip and looked down to Calum's arm around my waist. I wish he would feel something like I do when he holds me like this.

I didn't see the way Luke looked at me as I watched my hands like they were the most interesting things in the world and I didn't see the way Ashton watched all three of us with amusement.

Suddenly a cold hand grabbed mine and I looked up to see Ashton giving me a gentle smile. "Don't be sad kitten. It'll be okay." I smiled at him, how did he know I was sad?

Calum didn't let me go but I shook him off. He gave me a hurt look but I ignored him, it was extremely hard but I managed.

I kept my gaze locked on Ashton, giving him questioning eyes. He pulled me up and stroked my cheek gently. I thought he was going to kiss me again and I was eager for it.

Eager for Luke

I scrunched my eyebrows at that thought. Luke? I looked back a little to see Luke quickly look away with a blush on his cheeks.

My cheeks flamed and I smiled a little. Luke was cute, I could see something with him.

But I could also see something with Calum.

And something with Ashton.

I was confused. Was it possible to like three people at once? How do you choose who to love? Because I could see myself loving all of them.

Why choose one? You can love them all.

Ashton was looking at me so intently and I couldn't help myself from admiring his eyes.

Someone cleared their throat and I'd realized me and Ashton were just standing here and staring in each other's eyes, while he caressed my cheek.

I couldn't help but giggle. I can love all three of these guys. I sat back down but this time I laid my head in Luke's lap.

He blushed. "W-what're you doing?" He asked and I looked up at his bright blue eyes. They were really pretty, they reminded me of the sky.

"I'm tired." I curl into him more and he hesitantly wraps his arm around me while the other plays with my hair.

I hum in satisfaction and he giggles. "What's so funny?" I ask and he shrugs.

"You look like a little kitten." I furrow my eyebrows and pout.

"I do not." The other two just watch with small smiles.

"You kinda do." He shrugs again and I turn to Calum for help.

"I don't look like a kitten do I Cal?" I give him my puppy eyes and he laughs.

"You do, especially when you do that face."

"Your no help." I grumble and bury my face in Luke's stomach. I can hear all three of them laughing softly.

"Don't worry, your cute." Calum says and I'm glad my face is hidden because I can feel it start to burn and I know my face is a bright red.

"Yea, extremely cute." Luke agrees.

"Why else would I call you kitten?" Ashton asks and I groan.

"Because you feel like it." I shrug.

"Because your the cutest kitten I know." I don't answer but instead just snuggle close to my new friend.

Extremely cringe worthy.

Sorry.

What do you think Ashton's doing? Is his plan going to work?

Stay lovely🌹

-Olivia