Chapter 22

Ashton
I should've known.

I knew something was wrong but I didn't think this would happen.

Maybe Calum was right, maybe I should've watched him closer, maybe I should've never let him leave the castle.

I watched as he coughed into his hand and dropped the matches on the ground. He started to walk towards the burning castle again.

I tackled Calum to the ground as he smiled, tears falling down his face.

"Why! Why would you do that?" I yelled at him and he just shook his head at me.

"I told you, I told you I would hurt you guys. He told me to do it but I didn't so he did it himself. I warned you guys." Ashton shook his head, Calum was crazy, whoever did this to him made him crazy.

"Calum you did this!" I yelled in his face, tears starting to prick my eyes. "Why would you do this?!"

He scrunched his eyebrows together and glared at me. "I didn't do it! It was him! He wants you to think I did!"

"You have the matches in your hands!" I yelled back, tackling him to the ground again as he tried to get away.

I pulled him up, holding him in place as I made him look at the burning castle. We were both covered in soot from escaping the huge fire but Calum didn't seem fazed.

"Michael and Luke were in there Calum! Why would you do that!" Calum dropped to his knees and started crying as I held him back.

"It wasn't me, it wasn't me. He told me to but I didn't listen. He's framing me!" Calum yelled as people gathered around and the guards finally came out of the castle as well.

But they were empty handed.

"You were supposed to be with them!" I yelled as they all hung their heads down in shame and avoided eye contact.

"Sir, they're human. They wouldn't have been able to make it even if we had tried to save them."

I saw red as I swung back and punched him in the face. "You were supposed to save them!" I yelled.

I could hear Calum crying behind me but I couldn't look at him right now.

Yeah Calum was right, we should've listened to him. I should've known this would happen.

Calum was obsessed with fire and it was too late for me to change what he had done.

I watched as my castle burned to the ground, the guards held me back as I tried to run inside.

I should've known.

Because it was all Calum's fault. Tears fell down my face as I watched the fire Calum set burn red.

I thought everything would have been okay, I thought I was saving the three boys when I took them away from their hurtful worlds.

But it seems I was doing just the opposite because somehow someone had changed Calum and now Michael and Luke were gone.

So yeah, maybe I should've listened to Calum when he said he was dangerous.

Rage built up inside me as I turned around to see Calum sobbing on the ground still. "It's your fault!" I yelled at him, he didn't say anything but continued to cry.

"I'm sorry! I tried! I tried, I'm sorry!" He cried and looked behind me. I was taken aback by the look on his face.

He wasn't really crying. He was faking.

His two lovers just died by his own hand and he was pretending to cry.

I looked behind me, my guard John was standing there with a hard look on his face.

"Sir, what do we do now?" He asked and I turned back to Calum, he was looking at me as well, the fake tears falling down his face.

"Lock him up." I mutter and look away as Calum seems genuinely shocked at my statement.

"Ashton you have to listen to me." He starts but John smiles and grips Calum's arm, pulling him up as he drags him away.

"I've heard enough." I mumble and walk away, I needed some space, I needed to be alone.

"He's gonna find out soon." Calum whispered and I turned to look at him, but he wasn't talking to me.

He was staring straight ahead as John hauled him away.

The look on his face gave me chills. That wasn't the Calum I knew.

10 votes and comments and I'll double update (: