20 | Colours & Confetti (ii)

"For the last time, Portia." Victoria started, inhaling the cool air conditioning before repeating herself yet again. "Walking through the front entrance with your name on the list doesn't count as crashing a party."

Portia's previously elated facial expression sank back into her dramatic pout as she stuck her tongue out at the newly named "Negative Nancy" before taking her first clumsy step out of their limo much to the amusement of the two ladies that remained inside.

Victoria had failed to have much of a social life due to her consistent medical appointments and late night cravings for her television and favourite ice cream flavour so when Milan invited her to her birthday party – thoughtfully checking with Portia if she would give her consent – she accepted gratefully. Being at the top of the social scene since she was in diapers, she knew how important it was to demonstrate loyalty to the ones that were selected to be in her circle.

One wrong move and all of social media would be creating hashtags on the recent betrayal.

"I'm surprised that we're all out together again, the three amigas!" Portia grinned childishly, lacing her arm around Claudia's who swiftly brushed her away with a look of disgust on her face.

"What a cheesy name." Claudia snorted, brushing down her dress once she had gotten out herself.

"I like it." Victoria lied, giving Portia a warm smile which slowly faded when it failed to be returned.

"Don't lie, Vic." Portia frowned, reacting to the buzzing phone in her hand. "I've never been the creative one of the group."

"Yeah, you're the slutty one." Claudia interjected, giggling lowly to herself as her thumbs clicked away on her smartphone's keyboard.

"And proud of it!" Portia snapped her fingers with high elements of attitude and sass before swaying her hips to the beat of her own musical drum. "Never met a badder slut than me."

"Speaking of bad," Claudia changed the subject, hiding her amusement by rolling her eyes. "You're dressed to kill tonight, girl!"

Victoria's eyes lit up at the unexpected compliment Claudia had given here, moments later returning an equally kind compliment as a thank you.

Claudia was well-known for her strong ability to bend the truth in order to manipulate or gain something but she definitely was not lying this time.

Victoria had decided on wearing a white off the shoulder backless dress which effortlessly hugged all her curves, paired with a large silver and cyan statement necklace, her favourite pair of matching Louboutins and a lacy white mask that stuck to the theme and complimented her fur coat that she wore for added effect. Her hair was kept in a formal updo with a silver floral headband, a few strands of her loose curls left at the front. From afar she could easily be mistaken for a soon-to-be Disney Princess.

Claudia and Portia both matched Victoria perfectly, their dresses remaining similar but in different colours to represent their own personal character. Something about black and gold just had a tendency to cause Claudia to buy it.

"It's the perfect bridge between class and superiority." Claudia explained in the store as they shopped together, admiring the dress as though it was her lover.

"Red symbolises demons and sex. I am a demon that loves sex." Portia shrugged before picking up her dress and throwing it at the store clerk that had enthusiastically caught it and dashed away. Both Claudia and Victoria cringed at her statement, shaking their heads in disappointment.