19 | Colours & Confetti (i)

—Portia stared back at her door in disbelief, confusion and somewhat fear

Portia stared back at her door in disbelief, confusion and somewhat fear. She had refused looked back into Tate's eyes since she was in that drunken state and her heart still couldn't stomach the strong scent of desperation that she had revealed to him that night. Not to mention, her little sit down with his fiancé (ugh, that word still didn't sit right with her) and how the media had portrayed her to be a man-hunting whore that wanted Tate more than anything.

Which was all true but not something she would have necessarily wished for the public to know.

As she continued to stare back at him with a distant expression, he lifted his eyebrow up at her which forced her to come back to Earth. He always had a tendency to make her mind wonder.

"Hey," She breathed, wrapping her arms around his neck in a tight hug before moving to the side and inviting  him in. "I didn't know you were coming round."

"That's because I need you to do me a massive favour." He rushed, his mind seeming to be one step ahead of his words.

Now it was Portia's turn to raise an eyebrow, motioning for him to go on.

"I need you to help me bake a cake."

Not everyone in their circle exactly knew about her god given talent when it came to the kitchen, only Tate and Claudia, and so when they came to her with their food-related queries she was glad to help. Especially if it meant some quality time with Tate, hopefully it would help him forget about how flirty she could get when she was under the influence.

"Sure, what kind of cake?" She asked, shutting the door before following behind him towards the kitchen.

"A birthday cake." He mumbled quickly, moving towards the fridge incase Portia exploded in fury.

"A what?!" Portia had a major large following on all platforms of social media. You name it, she had it and thanks to her loyal fans she was always aware of her enemy's actions which made it very easy to hear about Milan's tacky birthday party even if she wasn't invited. "There is absolutely no way I'm baking a cake for your evil fiancé if I can't poison it."

Tate's usually cheerful face formed a dramatic pout, batting his eyelashes before attempting to convince her. "Come on, I know it's been a while since you got back into the kitchen."

Portia didn't bother to argue, he knew her too well for her to even strive to hide her truth from him.

"Don't use that as an excuse to do something that goes against my character." She folded her arms, glaring at him in order to indicate that she was standing her ground before swiftly adding an insult. "And stop pouting, you look like you belong on a charity commercial."