14 | Lifeline

"I like you." Liam eventually said once the silence had been too much to bear with, his voice nervously stumbling over the words before his eyes met hers. "And I don't think I'll ever stop." Those words were almost too perfect, she couldn't find a single flaw in the words that he delivered to her. Victoria just didn't know if those were the words she wanted to hear from him.

She remained silent, silently urging Liam to continue in her mind.

"It's weird that I almost feel hypnotised. You throw me off my game, Victoria. All I want to hear is that you feel the same."

"Liam, I-"

"You love Roman." He interrupted, a small smile appearing onto his lips. Victoria slowly lifted herself up, making her way towards the sofa that Liam sat on. He traced around her heavenly features, the tip of his fingers stopping abruptly once reaching the outline of her smooth soft pink lips.

"Just know that I won't stop fighting until you're on my arm, looking at me the same way I will never stop looking at you."

The meaningful silence was kept for a while before he sighed and brought himself towards the front door and shut the door. The clock ticked on, softly echoing around the room. "Liam.."

From her still position, she jumped up and run out of the door in her Gucci sandals without a single ounce of doubt. Liam's manly figure was found in his off-white Bugatti, the engine letting out a vibrant roar by the time Victoria gripped onto the car handle and let herself inside. Liam shifted his body slightly from the driver's seat whilst keeping his eyes completely kept on her as he spoke, the tension between them being impossible to ignore. Victoria looked back at him also, giving him the first smile that she had genuinely felt all day.

He sighed. "You don't have t--"

Victoria caused him to swallow his words as she pressed her lips against his and laced her arms around his neck, their heads moving in sync and their bodies becoming one as he begun to run his hands through her deep brown curls. After what felt like a century, a camera flash reflected onto the windscreen window and brought them back from their own dreamland.

"What the fuck?!" She yelled out, a couple more flashes occurring before the sound of an engine erupting and tyres skidding across the road.

"Fucking paparazzi." He grumbled lowly, explaining once reading Victoria's face. "They must've followed my car here and waited outside."

"So, they have pictures of us making out." Victoria face palmed herself, slouching in the car seat as an attempt to make herself seem smaller.

"It will probably be in a couple magazines and that's it. No big deal." He assured, placing his hand on her thigh. Liam's touch felt like a second home to her, almost natural. Her heart fluttering when she thought back to the moments before when she was simply lost in his warm embrace, looking back at him with the same love drunk look in her eyes.

"I-I go now." She said quickly, pushing herself out of the car door without realising how her sentence had made no sense at all. "I go now? Smooth Victoria Smooth."

Claudia stared down with intrigue at all of the magazines that had Victoria and Liam plastered all over them, the title being just as outrageous and scandalous as the next one. Normally the only one that had a large amount of run-ins with the press was Claudia – and Portia but the only times that Portia made it to the front page were because of her exhausting "cry for help" meltdowns that only entertained her majesty when she was dragged all over social media for it.