2 | Tequila & Tears

Vic gave out a soft smile as Giselle twirling around playfully in her third Armani dress.

"I think this is the one!" She squealed, clapping her hands enthusiastically as the store clerk took the rest of the expensive dresses away.

The girls had been going from store to store for the past three hours, on the hunt for the most perfect dresses for the Back to School Rave - the second most important party of the year.

Victoria tried her best to focus on her lovely shopping spree with the girls but the only thing she could focus on was what Roman could be doing or who he was doing it with.

"I don't like it Elle," Claudia shook her head, scrunching her face up to create a look of utter disgust. "I prefer the first dress."

"Hm, well maybe you should wear it." Giselle fought back as she stepped down from the catwalk, flicking her hair before sitting down on one of the love seats placed in the dressing room.

Although Giselle was sweet and bubbly, she wasn't one to be pushed around and that's what helped her to be at the top. No matter how much Claudia pushed, she wouldn't budge and that's what Victoria loved the most about her. Portia was a walking and talking clone of Claudia and no one likes second hand brands.

"I'm next then." Claudia rolled her eyes and strutted towards the dressing rooms with a store clerk and a rack of dresses following behind her.

"Vic?" Giselle called as she scooted beside her, tapping her on her shoulder gently.

"Yeah?" She replied.

"Promise me that this party you won't be obsessed with what Roman's doing and we can have a good time."

Victoria bit her lower lip before turning to her completely, looking up to see if Portia was paying attention.

"Portia get off your phone." Giselle giggled before reaching to snatch it, only to fall forward once Portia brought it to her chest and gave Giselle a moody look causing Giselle to apologise.

"I just don't know if I'll matter if I don't have him." Victoria's eyes began to become blurry as she finally let out the thoughts that had been killing her the entire summer.

Roman was the first and only guy that she ever loved, the only person that had brought her true happiness just by being in the same room as her. He was also a ruthless bad boy who toyed with girls left and right and she knew he was toying with her. She just didn't want to believe it. He was also a king of Lancaster and losing him would be social suicide. Someone as pretty and talented as her wouldn't work with the D-List students.

"Are you kidding me?" Portia laughed in disbelief, her expression softening once she acknowledged the few tears that spilled down her right cheek.

"You are Victoria Sterling, the prettiest, smartest and caring girls at Lancaster Prep. Boys worship you at their feet, girls pray to be you and parents want you as their daughter. Don't you ever lose sight of that." Giselle lifted her chin as Victoria kept it down and gave her a reassuring grin.

The girls were so invested in their heart-to-heart moment that they didn't realise that Claudia stood over them in a white silk robe, her expression very hard to identify.

"Victoria." Claudia said.

Victoria turned around to face her, cursing herself that she let Claudia see this vulnerable side of her. Lord knew that Claudia wasn't one for tears or consoling.

Claudia took in a deep breath and sat beside her, keeping her gaze on her the whole time. "You are amazing and beautiful, you may not be as perfect as me."