12 | Promise Me

"Talk to me. Please." Asher pleaded to Claudia, his eyes glimmering slightly under the hospital lights.

Claudia stared at him in utter disbelief, her arms still folded to match her stern expression. It would take a whole lot more than a locked room to get her to even consider to address his presence. His eyes didn't lose the same amount of hope as minutes went by, their eyes still fixed on each other. Claudia remained completely silent as he came closer and closer, her being remaining completely still as if she was a beautiful statue until they were eventually chest to chest.

Claudia sighed as she lifted her hand, her hand being swung across his face and leaving a sharp bruise on his left cheek. Asher stumbled backwards and held onto his cheek in agony, ignoring her heavy breathing as she stared at him.

"Whatever we had is dead and we both need to move on or we'll both end up in flames."

"Can't we make it work?" Claudia's heart melted at his words, them softening and feeling the fireworks that corrupted her mind and heart.

"We're from two different worlds, wanting two different things."

"You know what, that's fine." He eventually said, his body turning around and making it's way to the locked exit. "Just don't stop yourself because you're afraid to love me."

Then he unlocked the door and left, a single tear escaping from Claudia's armour.

Victoria stared down at the green call button, her hands slightly shaking as she brought herself closer to pressing it. The news she had been given was simply one she couldn't understand. She couldn't be pregnant. She couldn't be a mother. Victoria struggled to keep herself together and this was another brick on the top of her shaking throne.

"Pick up." She begged as the phone began to ring, her whispers being impossible to hear through the screeching tone of the mobile. Her eyes shut again once she saw that he had sent her straight to voicemail.

"Why must you alway-" She was interrupted by her cliche ringtone of Eden Mosconi, her phone almost slipping out of her hand before she could even answer. Once she answered the line remained silent as neither one of them greeted one another, only making their appearances clear by their breathing. It stayed like that for a while until Roman let out an irritated sigh and snapped at her.

"You called."

Victoria tried to get her response out but to no avail. The words she needed to say simply had disconnected the moment he had left with her heart and mind.

"I-I-"

"I don't know why you did." He cut her off, obviously indicated that this was not going to be a two-person conversation.

He was going to talk.

She was going to listen.

"All this time everyone pointed the finger at me and blamed me for your problems. But really, that was apart of your game wasn't it?"

"No.." Victoria managed to get out, her words coming out as a faint mumble and not the confident retort she wanted.

"It was!" He yelled. "Just like Claudia you created this web and ruined me in the process. You are not the victim nor the one that was broken, you were the real hurricane!"