10 | Youth

"Okay, that totals up to the right amount of sunscreen for the vacation." Victoria slowly closed the luggage with a large amount of satisfaction.

"Oh what's next?" Rose teased, unfolding her arms as she tiptoed around the large piles of items that didn't make the cut and lifted up Victoria's organised checklist. "Are you going to measure your earrings too?"

"No, that is more for a European trip."

"Greece is in Europe."

Victoria was very skeptical about the trip that her friends were about to embark on considering the amount of betrayal and scandal that went on between them but she wasn't about to miss on some sun, sea and a margarita by the pool.

Even if she didn't know where exactly she was going.

One thing she was sure of was that she wasn't going to let her constant stomach bugs and bloated belly get in the way of her getaway, she needed to get out of the Hills and drink some strong drinks that would make her forget about the past couple of days and the pain she was ignoring.

"Instead why don't you give me the list of food you want me to smuggle back, I don't know what cheeses they have but there must be good ones." Victoria pushed down the top of her pen and gently tapped her rosy cheeks with it as she kept her eyes on Rose, patiently awaiting for her to speak.

"You're not going to have to worry about that." She mumbled lowly with her eyes averting themselves from Victoria's authentic gaze, her peripheral view catching the look of disappointment that followed her words.

"Why? It wouldn't be a prob-"

"I'm leaving."

Those two words were so powerful and strong it felt as if for a moment time had stopped and the only thing that could be heard or seen was Victoria's glamorously bedazzled pen that escaped her clutch before falling onto the floor, each faux-diamond segregating from one another and scattering aimlessly across the floor.

"You're joking," Victoria giggled as a smile of denial remained on her doll-like face, her shaking her head vigorously before looking down back at her clipboard and wandering her eyes for what was left of her pen.

"I'm sorry."

"What?" Victoria paused and looked up once again, her expression softening once she had realised that Rose's face had a consistent look of sadness – she could never keep a straight face through pranks.

"Get out." Victoria continued as she shut her eyes and bit her lower lip, Rose still not flinching from where she stood.
"I said get out!" She then screeched through her wave of tears, throwing her clipboard at her as she swiftly exited the room.

Victoria then slowly lowered herself to the ground, her silent weeps turning into bellowing sobs as she crawled into a ball and rocked back and forth.

She was then interrupted by a sharp knock again, her body lifting itself up and choking back the tears that wanted to continue.

"I said get out!"

"Well, I guess I should be heading back."

Victoria's eyes lit up at the sound of Liam automatically, her negative emotions melting away from her as she opened the door and his cheerful smile stood before.

"You were crying." His smile turned into a frown as he made his way in, his hands placed on her shoulders with his head tilted to one side. "Victoria never cries, there aren't any videos anyway."