1 | Curtain Call

"Oh no, you didn't!" Claudia gasped as she proceeded with her finishing touches on her makeup, her phone in her right hand with Portia on the other line.

"He totally fell for it, Portia officially has her fourth car."

Claudia could feel Portia's happiness radiate through her iPhone 6 Plus that sat on the dresser with a rose gold exterior making what she was about to say that much sweet.

"Well, I guess the newest Aston Martin is cute but I think it's a bit too tacky." Claudia lied, praying that her condescending tone masked her hidden awe of Portia's new vehicle.

The line remained dead for a few seconds that was only filled by Claudia's slight hum to herself as she lifted herself from her makeup dresser, finding it difficult to look away from the stunning gold-rimmed mirror that hung above it.

"Hairstyle," Claudia asked, no demanded, as she stood in front of a full body mirror that was carefully placed beside the entrance of her walk-in closet with her eyes completely fixed on her appearance and with her looks who could blame her?

Claudia stood at 5'4 with petite but doll-like features that were definitely her finest misconception. Her jet black hair just came off the shoulder which was now styled in a slick ponytail in order to show off her personalized Tiffany earrings that were paired with her immaculate Manolo pumps. Her figure sat in between curvy and slender, giving her the right amount of hips to work any outfit. It was definitely her favorite feature of the day as her gray and red uniform hugged her curves and matched perfectly with her silver eyes, her beauty spot above her upper lip as the cherry on top of the cake.

She wouldn't be caught dead with the same hairstyle as anyone at Lancaster Prep – especially someone that she considered being in her circle.

"Just my hair out in curls, the usual. You?"

"Portia," Claudia seethed, making sure her cell was close enough to her in order for her words to get through to the party bobble head. "This is Lancaster Prep, the only school in the Cali that actually matters. If you don't come to the first day and look somewhat presentable then be sure to find a nice table to sit at lunch right next to the regular rejects."

"You sound like my grandma," Portia joked, not taking any of her anger seriously. "But at least she didn't threaten to replace me every five minutes."

"You love me." Claudia retorted, still twirling around in the mirror with the phone pressed tightly to her ear.

"So have you spoken to Victoria lately?"

"Don't have to, she would be too dreamy to maintain a conversation anyway."

"She's back with Roman again?" Portia groaned.

"As expected, she is obsessed with him." Claudia rolled her eyes, feeling nauseous at the thought of that fool being anyone's obsession.

It wasn't completely hard to understand. Roman was Lancaster's hot bad boy, the wild soul every girl wished to tame. Claudia couldn't see what was so intriguing in such an immature boy. If she had to be with anyone, it would be a man. A real one – not a Roman.

"Well, we'll see what he does this time."

"Or who he does." Claudia giggled, tapping her chin as she pondered on which bag would be accompanying her back to her kingdom.

"Gucci or Chanel."

"Girl, it's always Chanel."

"Why did I even ask?" Claudia let out a short laugh before thinking up a reason to end the call. "My dad is calling, see you at school?"