3 | 6 Feet Under

Vic stared into her mirror and analysed her appearance for the fifth time since she had gotten dressed. It had taken her a lot of time and input from Rose but she had finally went with a midnight blue Versace strapless dress that cut her mid-thigh, paired with black pumps and a gorgeous gold statement necklace that would definitely catch a lot of attention. Victoria looked beautiful but was beautiful enough?

'Remember what the girls said, you could have anyone and everyone begging at your knees. Don't let that crown tilt.'

She continued her pep talk before being startled by an unexpected knock at the door, her mother standing in a beautiful black designer suit with pure white pearls and a classy bun.

Athalia Sterling was known to be a very cold, ruthless and stubborn name in the investment world. She did not take no for an answer and made the impossible very much possible. Victoria admired her in that way and adored how she swiftly went from trophy wife to the wife with trophies in a matter of years. Time apart definitely made their love for one another very strong and it was just better for the both of them.

"We need to talk."

When Victoria recognised her mother's very serious and formal tone she knew she was in trouble.

Big trouble.

Victoria gulped and nodded slowly, taking a seat on her bed as she began to style her hair.

"Why was Roman here yesterday?" Her mother folded her arms and kept her gaze locked on her like a shark on it's prey.

"He just came to give me a ride to school."

"We have seven cars, Victoria."

'The jig is up.'

"I have a party to go to, can we settle this later?" Victoria lifted herself up from her bed and began to walk towards her bathroom door.

"That's if I don't take everything away from you for lying to both your father and I." Athalia analysed her nails and ignored Victoria's dropped jaw at her previous statement.

"Why do you guys hate me dating him? He's a sweet guy and I just kn-"

"You can stop right there," Athalia interrupted, her voice raising slowly at Victoria. "You know damn well that I don't want you tarnishing your image with that boy."

"That boy has a name and has shown me more attention than you ever have so please don't come here with that, mom." Victoria spat, turning her back once again from her mother and focusing on her hair from the bathroom mirror in front of her.

She immediately regretted the words that came out of her mouth and if anything it was the complete opposite but she wasn't going to let her mom make that decision for her. No matter the consequence.

"Consider yourself cut off." Her mother simply said. "Ask Roman to lend you some money."

"You can't do this.."

Athalia threw her head back in laughter  at her naive daughter as she turned pale once she heard the words "cut off"

"Oh but I can." And with that, Athalia left the room and overlooked the deafening screams that came from Victoria's bedroom.

Being cut off was like telling a poor person they were dying. Victoria didn't know how to be poor and she sure as hell was not going to learn. She needed her Christians, Manolos and everything in between.