6 | Sink Or Swim

Victoria analysed her outfit primped to perfection, her mother and a band of stylists rushing frantically around the room for more bobby pins.

"I still don't understand why you're doing all of this." Victoria rolled her eyes as she carelessly tugged at the True Religion jeans that fit so perfectly at her hips.

Her mother let out a sigh, the frustration in the repetition taking a toll on her attitude. "Your first date with Roman was done behind my back but since you're over for good, this is your do over!"

Victoria ignored the slight flinch she still made at the sound of her name. She had the rest of the week off to get her mind over him and just cry into her expensive quilts but she didn't shed a tear since her meltdown at school, she knew it was coming eventually. She just didn't want to realise it. It felt like she had been broken to the point where she didn't know what pain felt like - making her comeback that much easier.

She was Victoria Sterling and the "it" girl of the Hills that practically rolled in money, lt ravelled the world in days and dined with royalty. Better yet, she was royalty and she would never let anything or anyone cause her to forget it again.

She lost herself once and she was not going to need a repeat.

The bunch of stylists and fashionistas that had brought together her casual yet preppy outfit didn't do a bad job at all.She stared at her off the shoulder white shirt that was matched with light blue denim True Religions and simple Louboutins, compatible with the large amount of sun rays and heat that towered over California that Saturday morning.

Her hair was let loose in a messy half up-half down do and her recently tanned skin topping it all off. She didn't quite know who the person she was meeting looked like or even their name but enough social media stalking from Claudia had confirmed that she would not be disappointed.

Victoria stared down at her Rolex, looking around for her mom to finally set her free from all of the craziness she had orchestrated over a cup of coffee but she was nowhere to be found.

Tired of waiting around, Victoria lifted up one of her favourite Dior sunglasses from the bowl that one of the stylists had brought and began strolling towards the exit.

"Bye mom!" Vic yelled just before she got out the door, expecting her mother's protests any minute now.

"Wait, wait!" A faint muffle came from the next room before she could hear her mother's high pitched voice near the stairs. "I need to check your outfit!"

"I look like I always do, perfect."

Her car ride consisted of TLC and her top window down, her hair slightly blowing in her face as she drove - probably not the best idea she had.

It had taken a lot for her to not completely turn around, knowing people were waiting for her to appear again and snatch back what belonged to her. She just wasn't willing to fight anymore.

Roman had made his choice and it was about time that she started making her own.

She started up at the recently built restaurant, Vincent's as the paparazzi began taking several pictures of her from the back.

'They never change.' Vic smiled to herself, waving towards a camera before making her way inside with the newfound persona that she knew wouldn't leave her for a while.

"And so she isn't dead!" She heard a masculine voice exclaim, lifting their body up to greet her with open arms. Instead, Victoria's smile turned into an uninterested glare as she turned away from his hug and sat into a chair that was placed opposite him.