4 | Sweet Little Lie (i)

Claudia looked to an unconscious Giselle that laid before her in hospital clothes, a bunch of wires and instruments surrounding her. Giselle was always bubbly and wild so to see her in such a position almost brought Claudia to tears. It had been days since the accident happened and she had refused to leave her side since then.

The fact that everyone immediately called to her made her feel both touched and fearful, one wrong decision and they would all blame her. She truly believed that she had made the right one. Claudia did everything in her possible power to get Giselle to the top hospital in America and had called her parents immediately and given them the unfortunate news.

Although being recently separated, it was absolutely beautiful to see how her parents had come together and made swift decisions for their daughter. Claudia just wondered if her dad would've done the same things they did or would he just toss her into a hospital and throw money.

"It's okay to cry, Claudia." Portia sat beside her with a small smile on her face as she watched Claudia dazedly stare at Giselle, probably wondering why she hadn't cried yet.

Truth is, she didn't know either. She had felt the tears come over her and block her visions but then it would just melt away. It both made her feel bad for herself, that she wasn't even human enough to cry. Giselle was like a sister to her and she couldn't even shed a tear.

"I don't need to cry." Claudia shook her head, getting herself up from her seat with her best fake smile. "I just need to speak to Dr. Martin and see how she's reacting to treatment."

Claudia didn't give Portia time for a response before she dashed out of the room and bumped into a human that she really didn't want to see at that point.

"I got coffee and biscuits." Asher sang, waving around the bag with a charming smile.

"I don't need coffee." Claudia pushed the bag away when he brought it closer. "Where is Dr. Martin."

"Just spoke to him, he said Giselle is doing okay."

Claudia's face lit up at the news and pulled Asher into a warm hug, them rocking back and forth afterwards. Once she realised what she did, she let go and brought back her cool expression she had on previously.

"So do we get to finish our talk."

"I was drunk and I followed you into a room, there isn't anything to talk about." Claudia twisted her heel and made her way down the corridor. Ignoring Asher's calls for him to come back,trying to avert her eyes at the fashion faux-pas that occurred in the hallways of the hospital.

Yes, they were saving lives.
Yes, they are at work.

But does that mean we have to look as if the blind and homeless dressed them and set them off to work? The patients should at least be glad to see their doctor when they go to the hospital and no one wants to see disgraceful scrubs and tennis shoes.

Before Claudia could get into the cafeteria, she saw her two friends in the doorway, analysing their surroundings, and hid behind the wall as an attempt to hear their secretive conversation.

"And if she finds out, Roman?" Claudia recognised that the voice belonged to Portia, it being slightly less confident than usual.

"She won't."

"She always does, fool. She just never confronts you."