Chapter Twenty-Nine

Gerard P.O.V

I left Mikey to burn Reagan's body. If we don't burn the bodies of our dead, they come back- our bodies having the ability to re-grow limbs is not the best advantage when it comes to disposing of the evil ones. As a little memento, I took Reagan's arm back to the cabin. Damien's body was slumped. He was either asleep, or pretending to do so. I rolled my eyes, slamming the door, shut. He lifted his head, his eyes a sickly brown colour. They weren't the same brown, maybe he's turning out like his sister, I thought, holding the blackened arm behind my back.

"I want to know something. How the fuck have you two managed to drink so much newborn blood, that your fucking limbs turn black?" I asked, waving his sister's amputated arm in front of his face. He looked as though his heart had sunk into the floor, he looked up at me blankly. His eyes told me a story that I could understand. I had had a small hunch the entire time. He was changing people, like that poor Lacey woman, and was draining them dry as soon as they had changed. But, I couldn't understand why I could still hear Lacey's heart beating when she came to visit our cabin that first time that we met.

"I've killed a lot of people Gerard. The younger the newborn, the more beneficial. I don't know how you managed to keep that boy around and not even take a sip-"

"Don't you fucking dare make any comments about him. He's a sweet, caring person- unlike you. You're a fucking parasite." I hissed angrily, refraining from punching him square in his face. To think that I loved such a lying, manipulating little urchin like him. I shivered, dragging my stool further away from him. I threw Reagan's arm at him, watching it bounce off his blonde head. He stared at me angrily, showing no sadness over the death of his sister. She was as much of an urchin as he was, and I was hoping that Mikey was enjoying burning her to ashes.

"How I wish you still loved me that way." He said, a crooked and evil smile spread across his modest face. That was it, I had had enough of him for the time being. I pulled the duct tape from off the table behind him, biting a strip of it off. I placed it over his mouth, turning his chair around so that I didn't have to look into those eyes. I heard him laugh to himself.

I was fighting the urge to knock him out. I didn't know why I was waiting to kill him. I should've killed him before Mikey got here, to get him out of my way. I ran fingers through my hair, eyes burning from my lack of sleep. Hoping that Mikey would be heading back here soon, my foot began to tap impatiently against the cheap flooring. Damien's hands began to wave around behind his back. No, I told myself, refusing to fall for any of his tricks. I wouldn't let him manipulate me anymore, I just wanted Mikey to be here whilst I threw him into purgatory. I needed his brotherly support like a baby needed formula. Rubbing at my eyes, I caught the image of something outside. Standing up, I half-expected it to be Mikey. I wandered over to the door, to be met with nothing. Absolutely nothing. I sighed, closing the door, going back to my seat. Damien was mumbling away to himself, but whatever he was saying was completely inaudible due to the fact that his satanic mouth was covered.

There was a knock at the door, I almost threw myself at it. Opening it, I saw that it was Mikey. He had soot on his face, and his hands were tucked neatly into his pockets. He looked at me with a frown, removing a hand from his pocket to move my face from side to side.

"You need to sleep. Jesus Gerard, you look like you've been punched in the face. Please, even if it's just for two hours." He said, letting go, taking a step back. I took a quick glance from my cabin, back to Damien's bound self. I sighed, staring down at the floor. Mikey was right. I was exhausted, and the fresh blood I had taken from that poor boy nearly ago was already running out. He smiled, promising me that he wouldn't let him move, patting my back as I walked away. I took a nervous glance back at Damien's cabin, watching Mikey close the door behind himself.
                                       ~>•<~

I welcomed the warm water of the shower as it washed over my body. If my joints could've ached, I'm sure they would have. I sighed, moving my soaking fringe from my eyes. I didn't want to sleep, how could I when I was so close to killing him once and for all. Putting my head against the tiles, I accepted the little comfort that they offered me.

Stepping out of the shower, I caught my reflection in the mirror. I looked tired- tired wasn't actually the best word that I could have used. Exhausted, would have been a better word. I needed the sleep, however much I didn't want to. I dried my hair quickly with a towel resting on the sink. I didn't even bother to take my clothes from the bathroom as my bed was beckoning me over to it. I threw myself down on it, wrapping myself up in the blanket, falling asleep almost instantly.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- You're In Love With A Psycho by Kasabian

A.N
The new Kasabian song is bloody amazing!! I don't care if they're not your usual sort of band but omg it's amazing!!!!!! Also, by popular demand, I'm gonna release the descriptions for the two stories that I asked you all about in the last chapter:

•••
1# Teach me:
Mr Gerard Way, a disheveled Biology teacher with a dying love life, finds the affection he desires in the most unlikely, and almost illegal place. After dating around, unable to find happiness in the conventional way- he settles for that illegal love.

Frank Iero, a popular, well-liked 'bully' yet misunderstood young man welcomes the affection of an unexpected individual, however detrimental to both of their mental states.

With Mr Way harbouring secrets, will their love ever last?
•••
2#Theres A Boy In The Corner:
Frank Iero and Gerard Way are the best of friends. They have been since they were young boys, they practically grew up together.

Frank doesn't realise this, but Gerard is willing to die for him. Their popular-boy status at school comes with a lot of risks, with Frank managing to anger almost everyone in their city. Gangs, drug-dealers- you name it...

Gerard has issues of his own. With a colourful sexuality and a rapidly dwindling mental state, the only way he can cheer himself up is by clearing up Frank's messes. Because he loves him, no matter how much of an asshole he is. Frank's carelessness begins to turn him into a monster, one almost out of control. His neighbour, Ava, becomes a huge influence on him. Falling for Frank, his life brings to shatter beneath us feet, and the only one that can console him is Ava. His new best friend.

Will Frank realise that his antics are turning his best friend into a sociopathic monster? Will Gerard be able to fight his urges?
•••

So, apologies for the incredibly long authors note, but--- don't forget to comment and vote because it really helps me out <3

Urges (Sequel To Vampires Will Never Hurt You)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara