Chapter Fifteen

Gerard P.O.V

I felt so uncomfortable sitting in their cabin. As the creaks grew nearer I had to fight my urge to launch myself at Daniel. His sister walked in, followed by Lacey, and Daniel. I felt my eye twitched, as Lacey wandered off elsewhere.

"I hope you're hungry. Lacey's provided us with one hell of a feast." His sister smiled, I knew exactly what she meant by that. Poor Lacey had given up pints of her blood. I didn't know how I felt about drinking her blood right in front of her, but there was nothing that I could've done to change anything. She smiled weakly, insisting that dinner was ready. Daniel's sister beckoned us into the the dining room, Frank's arm was linked with mine. We sat next to each other, one of my hands on his thighs. Lacey had set out four glasses, a there were four bottles placed in front of four chairs. I found myself seated across from Daniel. He was staring at me, so naturally I stared back.

"Lacey, honey, could you pour it for us?" He asked, we were still making eye contact. His eyes were dark, almost black. It had been a while since he had fed, he grinned at me evilly. I scowled, hating the fact that I was in the same room as him. I wanted to hurl my glass at him, if I did I would've made sure that it shattered right into those dark eyes of his. Frank's hand appeared on top of mine, reminding me that I needed to stay calm. I turned to him, smiling, grabbing his hand. His touch helped me to calm down, and I was thankful for that. Lacey had already begun to make her rounds, I watched as she poured her own blood into my glass.

"Thank you." I said quietly, she smiled at me. I truly did feel sorry for her- but I had other things on my mind. One in particular. The fact that Daniel was staring at me, ignoring the fresh blood in front of him. I saw that Frank was struggling with the fact that Lacey was living and breathing in front of him, to make it worse he had a warm glass of her blood in front of him. I watched him press the glass to his mouth, his fangs resting on his lips. He drank the blood from the glass, his eyes rolling into the back of his head. He took his bottle from in front of him, the glass still warm, tipping all of it into his mouth.

"He's still a newborn, he's not totally used to having a human around him." I said, keeping a tight grip on Frank's hand so that he wouldn't try and throw himself at Lacey.

"Reagan and I were bitten together, we literally had to fend for ourselves." Daniel said, his eyes hadn't moved from me. Reagan. Something about that name reminded me of somebody. But I couldn't remember who.

"Excuse me?" I asked, looking into those dark eyes. He hadn't even take a sip of the blood in front of him, he had been watching me the entire time. He cocked his head to the side, as if I was rambling like a madman. I opened my mouth to say something, but closed it again. Completely confused. Frank was struggling more and more at the side of me, I kept my eyes on Daniel, sliding my bottle over to him. He thanked me quietly, the sound of his gulps were beautifully grotesque.

"Meghan and I were bitten together, we had to fend for ourselves, isn't that so Megan." He repeated, looking in the direction of his sister. I could've sworn that he had said Reagan. Reagan was the sister of a ex-boyfriend from the past. A year or so ago. He had lied to me, manipulated me, used me to gain immortality. I hadn't thought about Damien since I had moved to Frank's town. Frank was every distraction that I could've asked for- Damien was a distraction. I searched Daniel's eyes for any resemblance to Damien. I could've sworn that I had seen a flash of the brilliant blue that had once been Damien's eyes.

"That's right. The people that turned us didn't stick around for very long." Meghan ( Reagan), his sister, laughed hysterically. The witch-like cackle ringing in my ears, as Frank's fingernails dug into my hand. He had already devoured both of our blood, and was staring at Lacey. I knew that he wouldn't have been able to cope. I looked to Meghan, recognising something in her eyes.

"I think we need to leave." I said oddly quietly, looking down at Frank. He was growling animalistically. I looked down at him, he looked up at me, his dark eyes practically begging me to take him away. I nodded, taking him by the hand, smiling at a worried Lacey. Daniel smiled wickedly, Meghan (Reagan) sipped the blood in her glass. I led Frank towards the door, hearing the scrape of a chair against the wooden floor.

"Have a nice night, Gerard." There was a sinisterness to his voice. It was unnerving. I pretended that I hadn't heard him, dragging my best distraction from everything, away from their cabin. God knew what was going to happen to Lacey, I felt sorry for her, of Daniel was angry he'd take it out on her. She was a vulnerable woman caught up on a lie. He'd use her to exploit her for one of the things keeping her alive.

"Gerard I think I'm going to kill somebody." Frank growled, his legs already resisting me. I sighed, hauling him over my shoulder, the same way a fireman would if rescuing a victim from the flames. I could hear his stomach fighting the absence of the fresh, warm blood. I felt his fingers dig into my arms, I didn't wince. It was an all too familiar feeling- he had struggled more than I had when it came down to being a newborn. I threw open the door to our cabin, locking, dead-bolting it behind me. There was no way in hell that I would be going there ever again. I never wanted to be in the same room as Daniel- he was too familiar for comfort. I decided on calling Mikey and Elena in the morning, but right then I had to deal with the problem at hand- the seething, and hungry boy (that I loved so dearly) was staring at me with his hands balled into fists.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- The City by The 1975

A.N
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!! I sincerely hope that this new year treats everybody well!!
I know that this year will end in more stories, and August will be a very important month to me.

Lemme know what you think?? Don't forget to vote because it helps me out ;)