Chapter Six

Frank P.O.V

The new neighbours made me feel uneasy, but I had Gerard to protect me from whoever they were. The fact that he was watching us kiss- as dumb as that sounded- made me feel even more uncomfortable. Not that I was the one who was supposed to be uncomfortable, seeing as Gerard and I could kill them both with the click of our fingers.

"Now I feel like every time I open the blinds that guy will be stood there just looking in at me." Gerard joked, I smiled, admiring his ability to make me laugh even when he himself felt odd about the whole situation.

"Shut up." I said, sliding off the counter.

Not wanting to leave the house anymore, Gerard curled his arm around me as we laid together on the sofa. I looked up at him, as he frowned whilst flicking through the channels. One of his eyes wandered down to look at me, the frown vanishing from his face.

"Stop watching me." He laughed, poking me in the cheek. I pulled myself out from underneath him, taking the remote from his hand. He pouted, as I planted a gentle kiss on his lips. He smiled, his hands moving to my hips. He knew that they were my weak spot, because as his fingers squeezed them, my hips bucked. I gasped, leaning down to kiss him again. His fingers dug into my skin again.

There was a knock at the door. Gerard growled, letting go of my hips. I frowned, I was getting excited. He sat up, my legs wrapped around his waist. He kissed my neck, insisting that he would be back in a moment. He grudgingly made his way to the door, shoving the key into the lock. I made sure that my zipper was up, just in case Gerard had pulled it down without me noticing. Then I jogged over to Gerard, joining him at the door.
It was the woman from earlier, she had left the guy at home. She had a smile on her face, and her and Gerard seemed to be mid-conversation.

"This is my boyfriend, Frank." Gerard said, sensing that I was behind him. I smiled at the lady, shaking her hand. Her skin burned in my hand- human.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Lacey, me and my husband Daniel thought that it would be best for us if we came up here for a while. Gerard tells me that it's a very charming place." From just listening to here for a few moments, made me realise that she had a rambling problem. Those kind blue eyes and fading blonde hair weren't here only features, her skin was unusually wrinkle-free.
I smiled, sparing myself from saying anything odd.

"I'm sorry that Daniel couldn't-" she was interrupted by the front door to her cabin swinging open with a bang. Gerard's brow furrowed, as this Daniel appeared in the doorway.

"Lacey!" He screamed, he did it so loudly that I could've sworn that I heard his voice crack. Lacey apologised, turned on her heel, and began to jog back to the house in her red stilettos. I noticed a pair of white dots sitting just above her collar bone, I cocked my head to the side. Both Gerard and I had those little marks on our necks, they were a lighter shade compared to her skin.

"Did you see that?" I said through my teeth, eyes still watching her struggle as she walked towards the cabin as fast as she could. Daniel, or whoever he actually was, was staring at us with a twisted look on his face. He grabbed Lacey by the arm, dragging her into the house with unrealistic speed. I stepped back, as Gerard closed the door.

"Yeah. I did. She's not a vampire, I could hear her blood before she knocked on the door," His brow was furrowed, he was just as confused as I was, "Somebody or something must be feeding off her, keeping her alive as some sort of living blood supply." He grimaced, his fingers flocking to his mouth to bite his nails. I grabbed his wrists, pulling his hands to my cheeks. He was worried, for reasons unknown to me. We had no reason to interfere with them, they were free to do whatever they liked.

"But Frankie, it's not that easy. What if he's a vampire, and he drains her and tries to drain the rest of the town?" He said, I didn't like his tone of voice. It was cold, harsh. Not my Gee's voice.

"Hey, it's okay. If he's keeping her alive to feed himself, if he is a vampire, then he'll just use her. We have nothing to worry about." I stroked the backs of his hands, trying to calm him. He didn't look concerned for the poor woman that that man was clearly holding hostage, he was concerned for us. He didn't want us to have to move, we were happy. For once, he and I had found happiness together in the wilderness alone. I was away from my temptations, and he got to spend the day- for the rest of eternity- with the only real temptation that he had. Me.

"You're right," He nodded, pulling me into his arms. I wrapped mine around his waist, nuzzling into his stomach, "You're right." He said again, rocking me from side to side.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- Cocaine Lights by Phosphorescent

A.N
I can finally continue with watching Supernatural because I'm finally a free woman ahhhhh!!!

Lemme know what you think of the story so far?? Don't forget to vote because it helps me out a bunch :3