Chapter Twenty-Eight

Frank P.O.V

After sitting in my room for hours, silently sobbing to myself, I heard a car pull into the drive. I recognised it as Elena's, she drove some old vintage-ey old thing, but it was quite beautiful. I wiped my eyes, knowing that she wouldn't like to see me cry. She probably already knew, that was why she had come home so early. I heard the clunk of her boots against the old wooden stairs, and the creak as she stood outside the door.

"Frank? I heard you crying before I pulled into the driveway." Her hand rested against the door, head resting with it. I sighed, wiping the tears from my eyes.

"Yeah. I'm fine. I just miss Gerard, that's all." I lied, listening to her sigh behind the door. She had listened to a lot of lies in her lifetime, and I knew that lying to her was not the best of ideas that I had had.

"Frank, you don't have to lie to me. You've found something, something that you didn't think you'd have to see," she opened the door, I had forgotten to lock it. She wandered in, batting dust from her face, sitting down on the bed next to me. She put a dainty hand on my shoulder, red nails tapping it. "Come on, don't be so sad. You can tell me what you saw." She said softly, as a tear rolled down my cheek.

"I found a box that Gerard had dumped in the woods, a little metal one. It had notes in there about how unhappy he was, and it even had a silver knife in there. I just want to be with him, I want him to know that I love him and that I'll never leave him. I- I don't know. I just want to be with him right now."I said, wiping tears from my eyes. She frowned, pulling me into a hug. Her clothes smelt like rosewater and lavender, it filled my nostrils as I sniffled in her arms.

"Frank, you know that you're a grown man, and that there is nothing here that's stopping you from leaving. It was just Gerard's way of keeping you safe, you know that, right?" She began, I nodded. She was completely right. The only thing that was stopping me from being by Gerard's side was my fear of his wrath if I was put in any danger. I wasn't afraid of Damien, as long as I had that knife I didn't have to be afraid of anybody. It was probably the only thing that could kill people like us. "And, that knife you have next to you, however much Gerard hates it, will help him to destroy that monster." She said, pulling away from me so that she could look me in the eyes. I nodded, wiping another tear from my eyes.

"How would I get to the cabin? He made sure that I was far away from there." I said, looking out of the window. She sighed, standing up. We both knew that there was no way in hell I could drive- I didn't know how to.

"Well, you're one of us. You drink fresh blood, you'll have enough energy to run all of the way there." She said with a smile, patting my shoulder. She stood up, dusting off her dress, asking me to follow her. I did as I was told, slipping the knife into my pocket.

She took me down into the kitchen, sitting me down in one of the ancient wooden chairs. She ordered me to stay where I was, and that she'd be back in a moment. I nodded, staring down at the table. The marks, the scratches, they told a tale. Everything in this house told a story, a story that time would never forget- as long as Elena lived. I tapped the wood, listening to the hollow sound that it made. All that I could think about was returning to Gerard. I loved him with all of my heart, and I yearned to be held by him. I heard the sound of Elena's boots clunking against the floor, she smiled as she entered the room. She placed a bottle in front of me, it looked like an every-day water bottle. She said she'd be outside in the garden, and that when I was done I was to say goodbye to her.

I took the bottle in my hands, listening to the weak plastic crinkle in my hands. I smiled, my mouth feeling strange. I had never had properly fresh blood before, Gerard didn't believe that I could be trusted. Well, he wouldn't think that when I personally killed Damien with his knife. I smiled, twisting the blue lid off the bottle. The smell filled the room almost instantly, I closed my eyes, breathing in the pleasant smell. The bottle was warm in my hands, I threw my head back, tipping the warm, metallic liquid into my mouth. My stomach growled, hand squeezing the bottle as it squealed from my strength. Finishing it, I shook the bottle so that every last drop trickled into my mouth, then I set it gently down on the table in front of me. That table had seen a lot of spilt blood, and a lot of other things too.

Standing up, I caught a glimpse of my reflection in the window. My eyes were almost black. A sight that I hadn't seen in so long. I smiled, patting my pocket to check that the knife was still there. It was, so I headed outside.

Elena wrapped her arms around me, wishing me good luck, kissing my cheek. I smiled again, taking off into the woods.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- Last Young Renegade by All Time Low

A.N
I have two possible stories that I want to post- BUT- I can only post one because of how busy I'm going to be lately ): so, I'mma give you guys the choice (I'll only reveal the titles and then you lot can decide)

#1. Teach Me

#2. There's A Boy In The Corner

Don't forget to comment and vote, it really helps me out ;)