Chapter Fourteen

Frank P.O.V

I knew that Gerard didn't want to have dinner with Daniel and co. But, if it would keep the peace, or stop him from entering our home again- I decided that I would do anything to put a stop to that. If anything was going to set Gerard off, it would be any mention of that night, so naturally I spent the day trying to distract him, just to take his mind off killing Daniel in front of me and his family.

As six o'clock drew nearer, Gerard grew more and more on edge. He was twitching, uncontrollably. I held his hand as I sat on the couch, staring out onto the lake. I opened my mouth to speak, but found myself without words. His head was resting on my stomach, looking up at me. I stroked his cheek, watching as the water rippled with the late summer breeze. If only we could've swam in it, and forgotten our dinner commitments entirely. But we had made a promise, even if we just stayed for the food. Heaven knew how much I wanted to get drunk, so maybe that was an option as well. It would've made the night much more bearable.

"No, you're not drinking. You promised me that you'd never do it again." He said quietly, still looking up at me. I sighed, abstaining from alcohol for so long was like trying to stop a life-long smoker from smoking fifty cigarettes a day. "Not even one beer, Frankie. I won't lose you to drink again." He added, nuzzling into my stomach, wrapping his arm around me. I didn't even want to argue with him, knowing that it was completely useless arguing with him. I stroked his head, fingers curling around his hair. I would much rather have stayed at home, holding him, than making both of us look somewhat presentable.

An hour or so later, we were standing in the mirror in our bedroom. He looked beautiful, more handsome than usual. His hair was messy, yet it made him look smart. He was wearing a plain black shirt and black skinny jeans.

"You look cute." He purred in my ear, holding me so that I couldn't squirm away from him. He kissed my neck as I giggled, watching us both in the mirror. "God I wish we didn't have to go there tonight." He sighed, rocking me from side to side.

"I don't look as hot as you. But, let's gets this over with and then we can come home. Forget about it." I said, he was kissing my neck. Every word that I said came out slower, moans trying not to escape from behind my lips. He grinned, knowing exactly what he was doing- he was stalling, so that we didn't have to go. I commended him for his determination to stop the night from happening. But it could've meant more nighttime visits by Daniel, and that was not going to happen anymore.
"Gee, stop stalling. You know that we have to go." I said, he was watching himself in the mirror.

"We'll continue this when we get back." He grinned, taking me by the hand to the door. I knew that he would go through with the dinner plan if I 'rewarded' him afterwards. His reward wasn't something that I would object to, but I knew that he wouldn't be as gentle as he usually was. All of that pent up anger would lead to somewhere- I didn't have any objections to that. "I can hear what you're thinking, and yes, I'll go harder and faster than usual." He said, quietly enough for me to hear, but not loud enough for anybody else to hear. I giggled, pushing him playfully.

"Shut up. I do not want to sit with people and have a boner all night long." I said through my teeth as we neared their cabin. He had linked my arm, and was sniggering to himself. I knocked on the door, waiting for somebody to answer the door.

Daniel's disheveled wife came to the door. Her skin was lacking in any colour, her lips were chapped and pale. She smiled weakly, both mine and Gerard's face void of any smiles. I felt sorry for her, knowing what had been happening to her. She was being fed off, like a living blood bank. She wasn't loved by Daniel, she was used. My heart broke for her as she opened the door so that Gerard and I could enter the cabin. She was too weak to talk, probably from screams of pain.
The cabin itself was charming. It's expensive fixtures and furnitures managed to distract me from the weak lady in front of me. My mouth opening in awe as I looked up, to be faced with an expensive chandelier.

"It's beautiful Lacey." I found myself saying, pointing up to the light fixture. She smiled, quietly thanking me. Her once flawless skin has become wrinkled and aged. I felt sorry for her, I truly did. It was as though she was trapped between dying and becoming immortal- which I knew for a fact was not a nice place to reside. She led us to the small lounge, imploring us to sit down whilst she got her husband and her sister-in-law. Gerard say next to me, his hand on my thigh. He was determined to show Daniel who I belonged to, implying that I was not to be taken advantage of. The ceiling above us creaked as the three hosts moved around upstairs, doing god knows what. The stairs creaked too, as the three of them made their way downstairs to greet us.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- Somebody Else by The 1975

A.B
Is anybody making any connections between the two other stories in this lil series?? If not you need to make sure to read both Blood and Vampires Will Never Hurt You or nothing will make sense!! (Shameless self-advertisement right there ;)

Don't forget to comment and vote ;) it really helps me out!!