chapter 19

Copyright © 2012 by akm

________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Nineteen:

Getting Ready

Nathan's POV

Perfect. Everything was going perfect. I called to make sure the reservations were still okay, and they were. I needed to make this special for Pammy. She deserved to have a better boyfriend.

I studied myself in the mirror and though I was going to take one anyway, I noticed how bad I needed a shower. I began to wonder as I bent my head lower-

"Phew!" I exclaimed. Bad idea. I smelt pretty bad. I'd taken a shower earlier . . . oh, Gym. We played basketball and I was working at it pretty hard.

Nobody was home tonight; my parents were out, probably all night and Dylan-I scowled at the name-was doing what Dylan does best. Going to parties and ruining some girl's life.

I turned the shower on, the water pouring down at a heavy pace. I slid my shirt off, shaking my hair out of my face and tossed it to the side. My mom couldn't knock on the door to stop me this time, so I studied myself for a few moments. Still no flab. I was doing great. Steam arose and began to fog the mirror, so I pulled away and jumped in the shower.

As I poured my best shampoo into my palm, I wondered how girls could take such long showers. I mean, sure, they have longer hair but do they have to take forever? Us guys, we could hop in and out in ten minutes flat. Maybe girls had to make sure their hair was perfectly covered with shampoo before rinsing. They had those girl problems, right?

I stepped out and loosely wrapped a towel around my waist, stuffing a loaded toothbrush in my mouth. I exited the steamy bathroom to the cooler air of my house. The loud silence all through the house rang in my ears, and while it did kinda creep me out, I wasn't bothered by it. I was home alone all the time.

When I wandered into my room, I felt different. Fresh. Clean. New. Amazing. Like I was weighted lighter. I liked this new feeling. I'd never had it happen before. It must've been Pam. I'd heard all those stories and all about how one finds their other half. She was mine. I couldn't live without her. I needed her, I wanted her, I loved her. She was my number one priority in my life now, and I would never let her fall. I'd die for her without hesitation.

I already had my tuxedo laid out on my bed. It was a formal occasion, and I wanted to look my best. I was scared to see her, honestly, because she'd be so beautiful. I knew she's be in a dress, which was rare, but when she wore one, she looked absolutely amazing. I hurried to dry off and slipped my favorite Lucky Charms boxers under the dressy pants before pulling on the shirt. I adjusted the little red bow, knowing she loved when I wore one.

After combing through my wet hair, I checked everything. Shoes properly tied; I didn't want to trip. Minty breath; always keep it smelling great. That was part of the guy rules. I glanced at the time on my phone and jumped out my door. I'd be late if I didn't drive over now. And lateness was the last thing I wanted to have tonight.

I swooped the bouquet of red roses, her favorite, on my way out and locked the house before climbing into my car. I turned the key in the ignition and drove the few yards, pulling over on the side. I let out a nervous breath. What if it was too much? What if she didn't like the restaurant? What if she couldn't stay out late? I wanted her to be with me most of the night, but what if she had a curfew?

Of course all of my worries had to come now.

I sucked it all up, grabbed her flowers, and approached the door confidently. I gently knocked a few times, waiting anxiously to see her. I heard some voices on the other side and it swing open.

Rachel, Pam's step-mom, grinned at me. I smiled politely and her gaze turned towards the staircase, so I followed. My breath caught in my throat and there was nothing else in the world as beautiful as her. Her soft brown hair was in a curled side pony-tail. The gold eyeshadow above her eyes made the amber in them stand out even brighter, and her lips were a lucious red, curved into a smile. Her cheeks were lightly flushed as I stared, my eyes wide.

Her navy blue dress was a halter top, and perfectly fit her body. The bottom parted to reveal her toned legs and high heels. Earrings dangled from her ears, swaying slightly with each slow step she took. She wore light blue gloves that covered up to her elbows, separating each of her fragile fingers as they touched the railing.

Rachel giggled beside me, the door still open. Pam blushed at that and when she approached me, I led my eyes back to hers and a smile spread across my face. I found feeling in my hand again and held out the flowers, which she smelled with her eyes closed. A soft sigh streamed from her mouth when she exhaled and she looped her arm through mine, waving good-bye to Rachel as we stepped out into the evening.

I couldn't believe I had this amazing girl at my side. I found my eyes on her again and she noticed from the corner of hers. But only when we sat in the car did she speak.

"What?"

"You're so beautiful."

"Oh." She blushed again, grinning. "Well, you look cute, Nathan. I love the bow." She reached over to touch it, grazing her fingers gently across my collarbone. It fiered with sparks and I couldn't help but grab her hand, bringing it to my lips as I pressed them to it. I interlocked our fingers, leaning in to kiss her.

My body lost all senses of anything. Nothing in the world was happening except just us. Pammy and me. Not a thing could get us apart, and as these thoughts pushed into my head I deepened the kiss.

But I had to pull away. She softly whimpered as I started the car and drove off towards the restaurant. It'd be about twenty minutes until we arrived, so I needed to think of something to say.

"You don't have a curfew, do you?" I asked, turning my head slightly to see her expression.

"No, not that I know of. I'm all yours."

I grinned and she laughed. I turned it into a goofy smile, the one she always seemed to like, and she returned with my favorite smile. She sighed, shaking her head.

"You're too weird, Nathan."

"Ah, but it must be a good weird," I replied, slowing at the stop light.

"Yes. Always a good weird."

"Then you're weird, too."

She laughed again. "Don't I know it."

I stepped on the gas and looked around. Buildings were lit with neon open signs and cars flooded almost all the parking lots. We passed the mall, where it was pretty packed. I heard some store was closing down so it was selling all of its products for half the price. It was a store I couldn't remember the name of, and I honestly didn't care. My mom shopped for me.

A punch snapped me out of my thoughts and I looked at my shoulder where her hand had come in contact. It didn't hurt but it surprised me.

"Yellow-Punch-Buggy-no-punch-backs," she joked playfully.

I faked a hurt face and pouted out my lip. "Owwy," I said, rubbing my shoulder. She swatted at my hand and we laughed. I took her hand and rested it on the console. I loved how her hand fit perfectly in mine; it wasn't too small, but it was still a little fragile.

"Are we almost there?" she asked, bringing our hands up to her cheek.

I smiled. "It's right there."

She looked ahead and gasped.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Ahahaa Friday special :) What did we think?

I'm working on chapter 20 already so maybe that'll be up this weekend :)

VOTE / COMMENT / FAN

I don't know what else to say so have a great weekend ^^